Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > python-fam documentation.

python-fam documentation.

Shriphani

Folks,
I am trying to create an app which stares at a file and when the file
is altered, the script joins a channel on freenode and reports that
the file has been altered.
I found a module called python-fam, unfortunately i have been unable
to find documentation for it. Can someone please help me ?
Thanks,
Shriphani Palakodety.

Evan Klitzke

On 7/23/07, Shriphani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Folks,
> I am trying to create an app which stares at a file and when the file
> is altered, the script joins a channel on freenode and reports that
> the file has been altered.
> I found a module called python-fam, unfortunately i have been unable
> to find documentation for it. Can someone please help me ?
> Thanks,
> Shriphani Palakodety.

If you're running a newish version of Linux; this module has fairly
complete documentation.

--
Evan Klitzke <(E-Mail Removed)>

Evan Klitzke

On 7/25/07, Evan Klitzke <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 7/23/07, Shriphani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Folks,
> > I am trying to create an app which stares at a file and when the file
> > is altered, the script joins a channel on freenode and reports that
> > the file has been altered.
> > I found a module called python-fam, unfortunately i have been unable
> > to find documentation for it. Can someone please help me ?
> > Thanks,
> > Shriphani Palakodety.

> If you're running a newish version of Linux; this module has fairly
> complete documentation.

Oops, that was supposed to be

If you're running a newish version of Linux, you might try pyinotify;