Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > sizing dropdown list

sizing dropdown list

mjsmale@gmail.com

I am struggling to find a solution to a dropdown list rendering
outside of its iframe, thus obscuring my host's content.

Is it possible to set the size the list renders?

Thanks in advance

Andrew Bailey

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I am struggling to find a solution to a dropdown list rendering
> outside of its iframe, thus obscuring my host's content.
>
> Is it possible to set the size the list renders?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi,

Try this...

<select style="width: 100">
<option......
<option......
<option...... etc
</select>

Hope this helps

Andy

mjsmale@gmail.com

> Try this...
>
> <select style="width: 100">
> <option......
> <option......
> <option...... etc
> </select>

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry I should've been more specific. I'm trying to alter the
length (not width) of the list rendered by the browser. I'm able to
use style to set the size of the font etc. but am unable to get the
list to crop at the border of the iframe which contains the control.

Having spoken to a few people in the office, I believe this is not
defined in css (unfortunately) hence controlled by the browser.

If anyone knows a workaround I'd love to hear it. I tried crop,
zindex already with no success.

Thanks
Mike

rf

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> Try this...
>>
>> <select style="width: 100">
>> <option......
>> <option......
>> <option...... etc
>> </select>

> Hi Andy,
>
> I'm sorry I should've been more specific. I'm trying to alter the
> length (not width) of the list rendered by the browser. I'm able to
> use style to set the size of the font etc. but am unable to get the
> list to crop at the border of the iframe which contains the control.

Not going to happen. The list dropdown is (usually) another operating system
*window*, just as your iframe is a window.

A URL would have been usefull!

--
Richard.

Bergamot

Andrew Bailey wrote:

> Try this...
>
> <select style="width: 100">

FYI, that's invalid code. If you don't know why, you aren't really
qualified to give this type of advice.

> Hope this helps

Sorry, it doesn't.

--