Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Lexar CF card drivers anyone?

Lexar CF card drivers anyone?

Jonathan

I just bought a Lexar CF card and it doesn't work with a few of my readers.
Does anyone know if there is a driver that can be installed or are these
cards limited to only some readers?
TIA

Jon

Steve Dell

What OS are you running, If it's either XP or one of the Vista flavors, I
doubt that you'd need drivers beyond what comes with the OS.

"Jonathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mbOoi.1272$(E-Mail Removed)01.us.to.v erio.net...
> I just bought a Lexar CF card and it doesn't work with a few of my
> readers. Does anyone know if there is a driver that can be installed or
> are these cards limited to only some readers?
> TIA
>
> Jon

Jonathan

Steve Dell wrote:
> What OS are you running, If it's either XP or one of the Vista
> flavors, I doubt that you'd need drivers beyond what comes with the
> OS.

It was the cable. My bad.

> "Jonathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:mbOoi.1272$(E-Mail Removed)01.us.to.v erio.net...
>> I just bought a Lexar CF card and it doesn't work with a few of my
>> readers. Does anyone know if there is a driver that can be installed
>> or are these cards limited to only some readers?
>> TIA
>>
>> Jon

Matt Ion

Just for future reference, there is no such thing as a driver for a
memory card. Period.

Jonathan wrote:
> Steve Dell wrote:
>> What OS are you running, If it's either XP or one of the Vista
>> flavors, I doubt that you'd need drivers beyond what comes with the
>> OS.

> It was the cable. My bad.
>

>> "Jonathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:mbOoi.1272$(E-Mail Removed)01.us.to.v erio.net...
>>> I just bought a Lexar CF card and it doesn't work with a few of my
>>> readers. Does anyone know if there is a driver that can be installed
>>> or are these cards limited to only some readers?
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Jon

The Real Bev

Matt Ion wrote:

> Just for future reference, there is no such thing as a driver for a
> memory card. Period.

The Lexar cards that I have are different -- the comm facility is in the
card itself and the Jumpshot reader is just an extension cord; you couldn't
use it with non-Lexar cards. You can read the Lexar cards in a regular card
reader, though.

At one time you had to patch the linux kernel to get Lexar USB capability,
but later on it was included in the regular distribution.

Carry on...

--
Cheers, Bev
"Life is actually fair. It just doesn't seem to be common