Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Lowepro repair question

Lowepro repair question

JC Dill

Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.

Thanks!

jc

MadHatter

On Jul 22, 9:59 am, JC Dill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
> for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
> Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.
>
> Thanks!
>
> jc

I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question. However,
would you consider a local seamstress to be a viable option?

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
MadHatter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Jul 22, 9:59 am, JC Dill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
> > for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
> > Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > jc

> I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question. However,
> would you consider a local seamstress to be a viable option?

The seamstress would probably do it far faster and far cheaper than the
maker.

I had a busted clip on a Karimor and they wanted $40 to undo the
stitching fit a new bit of plastic and re-stitch.

"MadHatter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Jul 22, 9:59 am, JC Dill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
>> for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
>> Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> jc

> I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question. However,
> would you consider a local seamstress to be a viable option?

I'd be more inclined to ask a bootmaker.

John E. Golden

"Stewy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> MadHatter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 22, 9:59 am, JC Dill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
>> > for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
>> > Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > jc

>> I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question. However,
>> would you consider a local seamstress to be a viable option?

> The seamstress would probably do it far faster and far cheaper than the
> maker.
>
> I had a busted clip on a Karimor and they wanted $40 to undo the
> stitching fit a new bit of plastic and re-stitch.

Lowepro bags have a lifetime warranty. They'll fix or replace the bags for
free.

Regards,
John E. Golden

C J Campbell

On 2007-07-22 09:59:08 -0700, JC Dill <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
> for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
> Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.
>
> Thanks!
>
> jc

Best place to ask is at the baggage claim counter of your local airport
-- the place where you go to report lost or damaged luggage. Those guys
know local shops where to get things like that fixed, pronto.

Of course, if the damage is under warranty, by all means have LowePro
fix it. It takes up to six weeks in my experience.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

JC Dill

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 09:59:08 -0700, JC Dill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone here have any experience with how long it usually takes
>for Lowepro to repair a bag with a busted zipper? We have 2 - a
>Toploader and a Slingshot - that both need repair.

I have a definitive answer.

We shipped out bags off via UPS on Tuesday, they arrived at Lowepro on
Wednesday. (Both locations are in northern California). We got new
bags via UPS today. They opted to replace our bags with new ones
(same models) rather than repair the broken zippers.

GREAT customer service!

jc