Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MSN Messenger as LAN messenger?

MSN Messenger as LAN messenger?

Jtyc

> thank you for all your replies. I just had something in mind for my 4 pc
> lan at home lol. Hopefully one day I can get a job as a Junior
> Administrator and plan a mass deployment for an organisation .

http://www.soapbox.net/portal/Deskto....aspx?tabid=74

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaw==?=

If its only for 4 machines, either write one yourself or grab a freebie one
from somewhere (im sure at rentacoder.com, somebody would take you up for a
tiny fee $10-15). If your gonna write it yourself, look at using Java's RMI
or Microsofts .NET Remoting, it makes it fairly easy to call remote functions
on another users machine. You can probably download a beta or freebie Visual
Studio which would be my dev environment of choice.

Mark.

Andy Foster

"Rome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> thank you for all your replies. I just had something in mind for my 4 pc
> lan at home lol. Hopefully one day I can get a job as a Junior
> Administrator and plan a mass deployment for an organisation .

For mass deployment, you need something more robust. I'd suggest Net Send.

Andy - MCNGP23

Jtyc

> For mass deployment, you need something more robust. I'd suggest Net Send.

Bah... I suggest you upgrade all your systems to Windows 95 and use
winpopup.

Neil

did you hear "Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:OmX3htApFHA.3568
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

> Bah... I suggest you upgrade all your systems to Windows 95 and use
> winpopup.

WHAT?!?!? AND IGNORE THE COMMAND LINE?????

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Message: Carrier organism for taglines.

Kline Sphere

>> For mass deployment, you need something more robust. I'd suggest Net Send.
>
>Bah... I suggest you upgrade all your systems to Windows 95 and use
>winpopup.

what's wrong with calling the dude on the phone?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the ether:

> what's wrong with calling the dude on the phone?

Phone? Do you mean text messaging?

--
JaR
Thug 10110

Briscobar

JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the
> ether:
>

>> what's wrong with calling the dude on the phone?

> Phone? Do you mean text messaging?

KB

MCNGP #26
nerd32768 needs your business. Visit www.mcngp.com today.

kpg

Briscobar <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\170105.htm (8/18/2005
> 12:30:44 PM) # JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:
>>
>> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the
>> ether:
>>

>>> what's wrong with calling the dude on the phone?

>> Phone? Do you mean text messaging?

> 999337777

867-5309

Briscobar