Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > pyodbc on linux

pyodbc on linux

Sean Davis

I have read a couple of blogs suggesting that pyodbc is buildable
under linux. I am running suse 10.2 on a 64-bit intel machine with
unixODBC installed. Upon building, I get a slew of pretty horrid
looking errors that make me wonder if this is supposed to work. Can
anyone at least confirm that this is possible before I try to pursue
things further?

Thanks,
Sean

ajaksu

On Jul 21, 5:54 pm, Sean Davis <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have read a couple of blogs suggesting that pyodbc is buildable
> under linux.

It is, following these wise words:
"Aargghh! I see that possibly there was a typo in cursor.cpp at line
1385:

Py_UNICODE* pNull = (Py_UNICODE*)wmemchr(pT, 0, cch)

should be

Py_UNICODE* pNull = (Py_UNICODE*)memchr(pT, 0, cch)

Anyway, uncommented what I had commented out and changed the wmemchr
wmemchr and everything compiled."
>From http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...57&atid=824254

(I just did it a few hours ago, quite a coincidence )

HTH,
Daniel

M.-A. Lemburg

On 2007-07-21 22:54, Sean Davis wrote:
> I have read a couple of blogs suggesting that pyodbc is buildable
> under linux. I am running suse 10.2 on a 64-bit intel machine with
> unixODBC installed. Upon building, I get a slew of pretty horrid
> looking errors that make me wonder if this is supposed to work. Can
> anyone at least confirm that this is possible before I try to pursue
> things further?

Have you tried mxODBC ?

https://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/

It's been in production use on Linux for years (including on
64-bit machines).

Regards,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Aug 25 2007)

installing pyodbc timw.google Python 2 05-01-2006 12:43 PM
installing pyodbc timw.googlepost Python 0 04-11-2006 06:41 PM
installing pyodbc timw.googlepost Python 0 04-11-2006 06:39 PM
installing pyodbc timw.googlepost Python 0 04-11-2006 06:39 PM
installing pyodbc timw.googlepost Python 0 04-11-2006 06:39 PM

Advertisments