Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > vaio problem

vaio problem

bill

Hi,
I need a technical advice for your group. I had a hardware problem
with my vaio laptop model # PCG-TR1A, the DC adaptor was not
functioning well, I have decided to change it myself because I found
out that it was going to cost me at least $300 to fix it threw a
repair center and it was going to take around 3 weeks.
I bought the correct DC adaptor on e-bay and I was successful to
change it myself and bring the power supply back to normal.
Unfortunately after assembling my laptop, the computer sounded very
well but the screen was completely black and without any life or
signal. I might have accidentally put a needle threw the wire cable
which connects the computer to the screen.
Do I have to replace that wire cable?
Or did I make any other mistake during my assembly?
I need your help and support
Thanks
William

Dogpoop

bill wrote:

> Unfortunately after assembling my laptop, the computer sounded very
> well but the screen was completely black and without any life or
> signal.

> I might have accidentally put a needle threw the wire cable
> which connects the computer to the screen.

Those two sentences seem somewhat connected.

Question: .. How does one 'accidentally' put a needle through the cable when
one is assembling a computer? Why would one even be using a needle when
assembling a computer?

--
Dog Poop

Stand by me,

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

bill wrote:
> Hi,
> I need a technical advice for your group. I had a hardware problem
> with my vaio laptop model # PCG-TR1A, the DC adaptor was not
> functioning well, I have decided to change it myself because I found
> out that it was going to cost me at least $300 to fix it threw a
> repair center and it was going to take around 3 weeks.
> I bought the correct DC adaptor on e-bay and I was successful to
> change it myself and bring the power supply back to normal.
> Unfortunately after assembling my laptop, the computer sounded very
> well but the screen was completely black and without any life or
> signal. I might have accidentally put a needle threw the wire cable
> which connects the computer to the screen.
> Do I have to replace that wire cable?
> Or did I make any other mistake during my assembly?
> I need your help and support

You should at least check to see if you seated the ribbon correctly when
putting it back together. But as Dogpoop said, why would you be using a
needle on a laptop? I'm not familiar with that particular model, but if
the ribbon is replaceable, it would be cheaper than the alternative,
replacing the display.