Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cannot delete folder

cannot delete folder

Rocket Ron

Hi I took a second hard drive from a computer and installed in this computer
as a second hard drive and then installed Vista on it. I switch between XP
and Vista by choosing which hard drive I boot from in the BIOS.I did not
bother formatting the drive I just installed Vista on it as I wanted to see
what it was like and if it would work with my peripherals and programs. So
far I have had not needed to buy new peripherals such as printer and scanner
but the programs I use for my camcorder editing do not run under Vista so I
am keeping both hard drives. The problem is is that there is a Documents and
Settings folder that I cannot access or delete as it was left over from when
the hard drive was in another computer. So how can I access this folder or
delete it?
Thanks Ron

WhzzKdd

"Rocket Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MSaoi.1151$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi I took a second hard drive from a computer and installed in this
> computer as a second hard drive and then installed Vista on it. I switch
> between XP and Vista by choosing which hard drive I boot from in the
> BIOS.I did not bother formatting the drive I just installed Vista on it as
> I wanted to see what it was like and if it would work with my peripherals
> and programs. So far I have had not needed to buy new peripherals such as
> printer and scanner but the programs I use for my camcorder editing do not
> run under Vista so I am keeping both hard drives. The problem is is that
> there is a Documents and Settings folder that I cannot access or delete as
> it was left over from when the hard drive was in another computer. So how
> can I access this folder or delete it?
> Thanks Ron

Take ownership.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

beckystorm beckystorm is offline
Junior Member

It's really a burden on our part once a problem occurs when deleting a folder, I was just so lucky to found the best tool that I could use to solve the problem right away. If you're experiencing the same problem, I suggest you try "Long Path Tool". This will help you, too. Especialy if you're like me, not so expert when it comes to computer troubleshooting.