Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Switch 3750

Cisco Switch 3750

bavien@gmail.com

I am aware that you can configure trunk port on this Cisco 3750
switch. But I am not quite sure if I can configure more than 1 trunk
port on the same switch...

Any Cisco users out there know if the this switch (or Cisco switches
in general) can have more than one port configured as trunk ports?

Thanks...

BV

Ian Snowdon

In message <(E-Mail Removed) om>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) scribes
>I am aware that you can configure trunk port on this Cisco 3750
>switch. But I am not quite sure if I can configure more than 1 trunk
>port on the same switch...
>
>Any Cisco users out there know if the this switch (or Cisco switches
>in general) can have more than one port configured as trunk ports?
>
>Thanks...

All the ports can be configured as trunks, I don't remember seeing a
limit as to a maximum number. One of the 3750 stacks at work has five
trunk ports, two on one switch and three on the other.
--
Snowy

Aung

On Jul 20, 9:40 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am aware that you can configure trunk port on this Cisco 3750
> switch. But I am not quite sure if I can configure more than 1 trunk
> port on the same switch...
>
> Any Cisco users out there know if the this switch (or Cisco switches
> in general) can have more than one port configured as trunk ports?
>
> Thanks...
>
> BV

There is no limit on trunk ports. Just make sure you choose the
appropriate type of either dot1q or isl.

Arthur Brain

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am aware that you can configure trunk port on this Cisco 3750
> switch. But I am not quite sure if I can configure more than 1 trunk
> port on the same switch...

I use 3750s for VoIP.

Therefore, I have 3750s configured with 48 or 49 trunk ports, stacked
in 5s = 242 trunk ports in one logical switch.

bavien@gmail.com

On Jul 22, 10:33 pm, Arthur Brain <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I am aware that you can configure trunk port on this Cisco 3750
> > switch. But I am not quite sure if I can configure more than 1 trunk
> > port on the same switch...

> I use 3750s for VoIP.
>
> Therefore, I have 3750s configured with 48 or 49 trunk ports, stacked
> in 5s = 242 trunk ports in one logical switch.

Thanks all for your inputs....

BV