Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can asp.net run another program on the web server?

Can asp.net run another program on the web server?

chenhong

If it's possible, can the program run under another credential?

TIA

John Timney \(MVP\)

you can use process.start oin .net 2 as it accepts credentials, or pinvoke
in 1.1 - but not all programs will run on a webserver.

http://www.leastprivilege.com/RunCMD...edentials.aspx

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"chenhong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If it's possible, can the program run under another credential?
>
> TIA

chenhong

sorry for my english.the question seems wrong.
let me ask again.

Can the codefile of an aspx page excute another program(eg.a dos .EXE file)
on the server?

Mark Rae [MVP]

"chenhong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Can the codefile of an aspx page excute another program(eg.a dos .EXE
> file) on the server?

Yes it can - see John's reply...

--
Mark Rae