Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Is MCSA 2003 Enough or is it worth upgrading to MCSE

Is MCSA 2003 Enough or is it worth upgrading to MCSE

southsider

Hi All,

I've recently passed my MCSA (Messaging), and I was wondering if you
of the esteemed community consider it worthwhile to complete the 3
additional exams required to complete the MCSE. I'm mulling the whole
thing over-weighing the extra study, cost etc. against the benefits &
could do with your input. In short is the gain worht the pain? If so,
what's the best route?

Thanks ina advance

Neil

did you hear southsider <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> Hi All,
>
> I've recently passed my MCSA (Messaging), and I was wondering if you
> of the esteemed community consider it worthwhile to complete the 3
> additional exams required to complete the MCSE. I'm mulling the whole
> thing over-weighing the extra study, cost etc. against the benefits &
> could do with your input. In short is the gain worht the pain? If so,
> what's the best route?
>
> Thanks ina advance

well, if someone else is paying for it then...oh, YOU'RE paying?

- C program run. Run, program, run. PLEASE...

John R

"southsider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi All,
>
> I've recently passed my MCSA (Messaging), and I was wondering if you
> of the esteemed community consider it worthwhile to complete the 3
> additional exams required to complete the MCSE. I'm mulling the whole
> thing over-weighing the extra study, cost etc. against the benefits &
> could do with your input. In short is the gain worht the pain? If so,
> what's the best route?
>
> Thanks ina advance

Congrats on the MCSA:M.

The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see yourself?

MCSA is System Administrator, that is implement/manage/maintain.
MCSE is System Engineer, that is design/plan/implement.

If you do not design/plan/implement, and you don't see yourself doing that,
then MCSE would only be beneficial to satisfy some employers unreasonable
expectations. On the other hand, if that is where you are now or where you
want to go, then MCSE would be a very reasonable goal.

As to how to get there, you need 70-293, 70-294, and a design elective
(normally 70-297 or 70-29. This assumes that you used 70-284 for your
MCSA:M which would fulfill the MCSE open elective. If you want to get to
MCSE:M, then you would also need 70-285.

You can review all of the requirements here...

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.mspx

John R

catwalker63

Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> prattled ceaselessly in
news:Xns9973455E5A7D3neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6:

> did you hear southsider <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:
>
>> I've recently passed my MCSA (Messaging), and I was wondering if you
>> of the esteemed community consider it worthwhile to complete the 3
>> additional exams required to complete the MCSE. I'm mulling the whole
>> thing over-weighing the extra study, cost etc. against the benefits &
>> could do with your input. In short is the gain worht the pain? If so,
>> what's the best route?

> well, if someone else is paying for it then...oh, YOU'RE paying?

Why? Do you think they'll pay for Uni?

Weird.

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

catwalker63

"John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see
> yourself?

I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"Definitely not wearing any underwear."

CBIC

news:Xns997375DDE1ACAcatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see
>> yourself?

> I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??

Lowering your expectations.

catwalker63

"CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> prattled ceaselessly in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns997375DDE1ACAcatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
>> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>>> The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see
>>> yourself?

>> I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??
>>

> Lowering your expectations.

Nope. Not an option. I shoot for the moon and at least land among the
stars.

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"Definitely not wearing any underwear."

Neil

did you hear catwalker63 <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:Xns9973757BA5B8Acatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136:

>> well, if someone else is paying for it then...oh, YOU'RE paying?

> Why? Do you think they'll pay for Uni?
>
> Weird.

You're blonde, aren't you...

*shakes head and walks away*

- A feather is Erotic. A whole chicken is KINKY!

Neil

did you hear "CBIC" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns997375DDE1ACAcatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
>> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>>> The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see
>>> yourself?

>> I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??
>>

> Lowering your expectations.

how much lower do you want her to get?

- I am Medic-Alarm of Borg. I've been assimilated, and I can't get up!

Jtyc

> I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??

Uh oh.. this is also one of my goals. I'm shooting for the title "Emperor
of the Known Universe".

Perhaps we could divvy up the multi-verse?