Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > can't connect to internet via wireless network

can't connect to internet via wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?TUI=?=

I can't connect to the internet through my wireless network with laptop using
vista home basic. The computer shows that it's connected to the network but
will not let the browser connect.

I purchased two months ago and it was working fine for several weeks. Been
through all the help desks with HP, Linksys, Internet service provider etc..
and all say no problem from thier end. When I ping a site I get four replies.

Do not know what to do, can someone help?

MB

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It is hard to know what is wrong since too many variables are lumped
together.
Check for actual Wireless connection. Each Wireless Router has an IP to
connect to its menus type this IP to the browser.
If you can not get the router's menu it means that you do not have available
Wireless connection between the computer and the Router, and thus No
Internet as well.
These pages has a lot of info about checking and setting Wireless connection
go to the process to find what is actually wrong.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news(E-Mail Removed)...