Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Bootup Error

Bootup Error

ilyaz

I have Windows XP SP2 on my eMachine T1105. This machine is on my wireless
network (2 computers). Everything was fine until recently when on a bootup I
got this warning: <Resource Conflict - PCI Network controller in slot 02.
Bus: 01, Device: OD, Function: 0. Press F1 to continue>. Pressing F1
advances the bootup and Windows starts and works normally.
May someone please tell me how to correct this problem?

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
This issue has to do with the basic hardware configuration of the computer
in the computer's BIOS. It is not related directly to the Wireless and you
probably need to show it physically to a professional computer repair
person.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OfDEA$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Windows XP SP2 on my eMachine T1105. This machine is on my wireless
>network (2 computers). Everything was fine until recently when on a bootup
>I got this warning: <Resource Conflict - PCI Network controller in slot 02.
>Bus: 01, Device: OD, Function: 0. Press F1 to continue>. Pressing F1
>advances the bootup and Windows starts and works normally.
> May someone please tell me how to correct this problem?
>
> --
> Ilya Zeldes
> Fort Myers, Florida

ilyaz

Thanks, Jack. I agree with you that there must be some problem in the
BIOS... But how to deal with it? I've looked into it, but found nothing "to
repair"... Also, some time ago, I tried to change my networking (tried
cable), but then went back to wireless. I think, that when the problem
surfaced...
Ilya

news:eZz3m$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> This issue has to do with the basic hardware configuration of the computer
> in the computer's BIOS. It is not related directly to the Wireless and
> you probably need to show it physically to a professional computer repair
> person.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OfDEA$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have Windows XP SP2 on my eMachine T1105. This machine is on my wireless
>>network (2 computers). Everything was fine until recently when on a bootup
>>I got this warning: <Resource Conflict - PCI Network controller in slot
>>02. Bus: 01, Device: OD, Function: 0. Press F1 to continue>. Pressing F1
>>advances the bootup and Windows starts and works normally.
>> May someone please tell me how to correct this problem?
>>
>> --
>> Ilya Zeldes
>> Fort Myers, Florida

AJR

Regarding "...Resource Conflict - PCI Network controller in slot 02.
....." it may be worthwhil to check as follows:

1. Control,panel
2. System applet
3. Hardware tab
4. Device manager
5. Expand "Network Adapter"
6. Rt click >Properties
7. Resource tab

"ilyaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OfDEA$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Windows XP SP2 on my eMachine T1105. This machine is on my wireless
>network (2 computers). Everything was fine until recently when on a bootup
>I got this warning: <Resource Conflict - PCI Network controller in slot 02.
>Bus: 01, Device: OD, Function: 0. Press F1 to continue>. Pressing F1
>advances the bootup and Windows starts and works normally.
> May someone please tell me how to correct this problem?
>
> --
> Ilya Zeldes
> Fort Myers, Florida

ilyaz