Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > file

ashu

i want to make a program that accept a file and chechs if it is
readable and writable and give appropriate messeage ?
i can make program to accpet filename from command line and open it in
any omde and write data in it, but to know its permission is seems
tricky, is there apecific function available ?

Pietro Cerutti

ashu wrote:
> i want to make a program that accept a file and chechs if it is
> readable and writable and give appropriate messeage ?
> i can make program to accpet filename from command line and open it in
> any omde and write data in it, but to know its permission is seems
> tricky, is there apecific function available ?

Not in Standard C.
If you're using a POSIX-compliant system, look for stat(2) and fstat(2).

--
Pietro Cerutti

PGP Public Key:
http://gahr.ch/pgp

santosh

On Thursday 19 Jul 2007 7:53 pm, ashu <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message
<(E-Mail Removed). com>:

> i want to make a program that accept a file and chechs if it is
> readable and writable and give appropriate messeage ?
> i can make program to accpet filename from command line and open it
> in any omde and write data in it, but to know its permission is
> seems tricky, is there apecific function available ?

Yes, but you need to ask in a group for your system. If it's UNIX or
Linux, I suggest news:comp.unix.programmer or
news:comp.os.linux.development.apps. If it's for Windows then
news:comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 might be appropriate. Also
take a look at the man pages on your system, (if it's a UNIX), or
browse Microsoft's MSDN online documentation, for Windows.