Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Have an Empty Grid Show In Asp.net page

Have an Empty Grid Show In Asp.net page

Doogie

Hi,
I am trying to create an asp.net page for a web site and would like to
put a grid on the page that won't be filled until a user clicks a
button. But I want the grid to be visible before the user clicks the
button. I've tried the data grid, table, etc and cannot find one that
does this. Is there one that I'm missing?

John Timney \(MVP\)

Why can't you bind it with something like a piece of XML with spaces as its
content

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"Doogie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
> I am trying to create an asp.net page for a web site and would like to
> put a grid on the page that won't be filled until a user clicks a
> button. But I want the grid to be visible before the user clicks the
> button. I've tried the data grid, table, etc and cannot find one that
> does this. Is there one that I'm missing?

Doogie

> Why can't you bind it with something like a piece of XML with spaces as its
> content

I'm not real sure what you are getting at it exactly?

John Timney \(MVP\)

Well all your trying to do is display a gridview on the page, then postback
and bind to it to fill it once a button click occurs. To display an empty
one - it needs to have data, which could as easily be spaces as your actual
data.

Create a dynamic dataset and bidn it on the fly.
http://www.dotnetbips.com/articles/7...ee6324f8c.aspx

When your button click occurs, bind it to your actual data instead.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

"Doogie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> Why can't you bind it with something like a piece of XML with spaces as
>> its
>> content
>>

> I'm not real sure what you are getting at it exactly?

Doogie

>To display an empty
> one - it needs to have data, which could as easily be spaces as your actual
> data.

I get it now...thanks I'll give that a try.