Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cannot post in Google Groups :s

Cannot post in Google Groups :s

Omar

Why are my posts not appearing in microsft.public.project.server? I
tried yesterday and it sent a copy to my email, but today I realised
it's not in the list and cannot even be located by searching. The post
was as this

Hi All,
I am trying to use an Enterprise Custom Field for the Project
Information which will have to be populated by resource names from the
Enterprise Resource Pool. Is there anyone who knows the formula for
this or any other way to achieve this?

I opened the Enterprise Global, went to Customise Fields, and selected
Custom Fields, Enterprise Text 1 under Project option. Clicked on
Formula and put it as = [Resource Names] but it shows nothing in the
field when I try to check it in any Project.

Any advice?

Regards and Thanks in advance,

Omar

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

--
Magnetic "wobbles" cause disk failure
http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardwar.../2255256.shtml

ded

"Omar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Why are my posts not appearing in microsft.public.project.server? I
> tried yesterday and it sent a copy to my email, but today I realised
> it's not in the list and cannot even be located by searching. The post
> was as this

They are appearing in usenet, but it seems google is 2 days behind.
And it seems to be effecting all groups in Google, you'll just have to
wait until google catches up.

Mike Easter

Omar wrote:

> Why are my posts not appearing in microsft.public.project.server?

You mean microsoft.public.project.server - microsoft has 2 'o' in it.
You cannot misspell the name of a newsgroup. The messages you are
referring to are in the microsoft.public.project.server m.p.p.s
newsgroup. You are choosing a poor way, googlegroups GG to post to a
newsserver.

The best way that you could use to post to an nntp newsserver such as
msnews.microsoft.com would be to use a newsagent. This would provide a
better interface than GG and does not require that your connectivity
provider in Malaysia .my provide you with a news server.

Your browser is IE Internet Explorer and it comes with mailuser agent OE
which could be used with an nntp newsagent to post your message to this
group as well. In order to post here, you would need to use a
newsserver. There are many free newsservers in addition to very
economical commercial ones.

> The post
> was as this

It is not appropriate for you to be posting a message content here which
belongs in the MS m.p.p.s group.

> Any advice?

You have a newsreader, OE. Use your newsreader to post to the MS
newsserver for the newsgroup where your posts are now appearing.
Get/find a usenet newsserver for posting messages in here.

--
Mike Easter