Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Microphone set up

Microphone set up

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyeSBDLg==?=

I am trying to help a person install a simple microphone to use with some
presentations. On my system works like a dream. I install it and then try
to test the hardware and no response. I have checked all the volumes and
nothing is mute and went to control panel and checked audio and speech and
nothing happens.

Is there anything else I can check. I have run out of options.

Thanks

RomoR

Sorry Mary u c if there is certification in this I would definitely try my
best to help you out. Anyway did you check the cables connected properly.

"Mary C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to help a person install a simple microphone to use with some
> presentations. On my system works like a dream. I install it and then
> try
> to test the hardware and no response. I have checked all the volumes and
> nothing is mute and went to control panel and checked audio and speech and
> nothing happens.
>
> Is there anything else I can check. I have run out of options.
>
> Thanks

John R

"RomoR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry Mary u c if there is certification in this I would definitely try my
> best to help you out. Anyway did you check the cables connected properly.
>

> "Mary C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am trying to help a person install a simple microphone to use with some
>> presentations. On my system works like a dream. I install it and then
>> try
>> to test the hardware and no response. I have checked all the volumes and
>> nothing is mute and went to control panel and checked audio and speech
>> and
>> nothing happens.
>>
>> Is there anything else I can check. I have run out of options.
>>
>> Thanks

That's a good thought. At home, I have an Abit kv8-max3 motherboard with
built-in sound. The software that loads for it automatically configures the
jacks depending on what it sees. So, don't necessarily just look at the
colors of the jacks. See if you have configuration software, and if so,
check it to see where it is looking for microphone input.

John R