Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Element <link> cannot be nested inside element <div>

Element <link> cannot be nested inside element <div>

Rick

Hello,

The masterpage of the site has a <div> element that encloses the
"content" of the actual aspx page.

The content page has a <link> element.

When I try to switch from "source" view to "design" view, the
following error message prevents me from going to "design" view:

"Cannot switch views: Element <link> cannot be nested inside element

Why can't these elements be nested?
How can I overcome or work around this difficulty?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Rick wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The masterpage of the site has a <div> element that encloses the
> "content" of the actual aspx page.
>
> The content page has a <link> element.
>
> When I try to switch from "source" view to "design" view, the
> following error message prevents me from going to "design" view:
>
> "Cannot switch views: Element <link> cannot be nested inside element
>
> Why can't these elements be nested?
> How can I overcome or work around this difficulty?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rick

The <link> tags should be in the <head> tag.

If you need to add a <link> tag from a page, do that by adding a control
to the Page.Header control.

--
Göran Andersson
_____