Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Floppy Drive Keeps Reading

Floppy Drive Keeps Reading

=?Utf-8?B?SlNJQw==?=

Good Morning,

I have a quick question Please.

My floppy drive here at work from time to time lights up and attempts to
read while I'm minding my business working. There is no floppy in the drive
at all or has been. At times when I come into work in the mornings the
floppy drive will be trying to read. I attempt to trouble shoot it and then
I'm told that, "there's no disk in floppy, would you like to format now." Of
course I chose no but then went back and chose yes then it said,"no floppy in
drive to format."

Basically the floppy drive keeps trying to read when there has been no
effort on my part to access any floppys.

Any suggestions short of replacing the floppy drive?

Thanks

Jeremiah

=?Utf-8?B?bTByaw==?=

1) open computer case
2) remove your floppy drive
3) st0mp the life out of you wee floppy
4) close computer case

optional) buy a USB key

m0rk

Honesty pays... but not enough for some

"JSIC" wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> I have a quick question Please.
>
> My floppy drive here at work from time to time lights up and attempts to
> read while I'm minding my business working. There is no floppy in the drive
> at all or has been. At times when I come into work in the mornings the
> floppy drive will be trying to read. I attempt to trouble shoot it and then
> I'm told that, "there's no disk in floppy, would you like to format now." Of
> course I chose no but then went back and chose yes then it said,"no floppy in
> drive to format."
>
> Basically the floppy drive keeps trying to read when there has been no
> effort on my part to access any floppys.
>
> Any suggestions short of replacing the floppy drive?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeremiah

FrisbeeŽ

"m0rk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 1) open computer case
> 2) remove your floppy drive
> 3) st0mp the life out of you wee floppy
> 4) close computer case
>
> optional) buy a USB key

You'll fit in just fine here. Now please get a real news reader and stop
posting in HTML.

Neil

did you hear "FrisbeeŽ" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> You'll fit in just fine here. Now please get a real news reader and
> stop posting in HTML.

yes you will, with or without Pam Dawber. Nano-nano, now park your egg next
to JaRs ferrari

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Gravity sucks.

m0rk

Sorry,

Working in the most severely locked down environment known to man
(thanks GP), I had
been reading on microsoft's website. Now registered with Google
groups... hows this?

m0rk

Honesty pays... but not enough for some

Kline Sphere

>and stop
>posting in HTML.

Huh?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Rowdy Yates

Kline Sphere <.@> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>and stop
>>posting in HTML.

> Huh?
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

<title>
html post
</titile>
huh!?!

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

Kline Sphere

>Working in the most severely locked down environment known to man

So a game of command & conquer's out of the question then?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

FrisbeeŽ

"m0rk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Sorry,
>
> Working in the most severely locked down environment known to man
> (thanks GP), I had
> been reading on microsoft's website. Now registered with Google
> groups... hows this?

Better. Ideally, you should get an actual news reader if you plan on
sticking around, though. Even if your ISP does not provide USENET, you can
access the microsoft newsgroups for free via microsoft's nntp servers with
just a little poking around for the information.

Briscobar

Rowdy Yates <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> <title>
> html post
> </titile>
> huh!?!

you forgot to close <title> and open <titile>, and besides that, I'm not so
sure that <titile> is supported. Maybe you're posting in some newfangled XML
or something....

--
KB

MCNGP #26