Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wirelessly connect 2 access points

wirelessly connect 2 access points

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

I am trying to connect two halves of my network wirelessly.

I have two wireless routers both of which are connected to wired networks.
one is also a modem so has internet access

I want to connect the two networks together wirelessly to give both internet
access.

I have set the router without internet to be an access point and if I
connect them with a cable it works perfectly, but I can not get it to work
wirelessly

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

--
Patrick

S. Pidgorny

You need a point to point wireless bridge, or an access point that supports
that functionality... What kind of access points are you using?

--
Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
-= F1 is the key =-

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to connect two halves of my network wirelessly.
>
> I have two wireless routers both of which are connected to wired networks.
> one is also a modem so has internet access
>
> I want to connect the two networks together wirelessly to give both

internet
> access.
>
> I have set the router without internet to be an access point and if I
> connect them with a cable it works perfectly, but I can not get it to work
> wirelessly
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>

> --
> Patrick

=?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljaw==?=

thank you

I dont think either of them do have a bridge mode

connected to internet = netgear DG834G

and Belkin F5D7230-4

Thanks

"S. Pidgorny <MVP>" wrote:

> You need a point to point wireless bridge, or an access point that supports
> that functionality... What kind of access points are you using?
>
> --
> Svyatoslav Pidgorny, MVP, MCSE
> -= F1 is the key =-
>

> "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am trying to connect two halves of my network wirelessly.
> >
> > I have two wireless routers both of which are connected to wired networks.
> > one is also a modem so has internet access
> >
> > I want to connect the two networks together wirelessly to give both

> internet
> > access.
> >
> > I have set the router without internet to be an access point and if I
> > connect them with a cable it works perfectly, but I can not get it to work
> > wirelessly
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> >

> > --
> > Patrick