Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Function Identifier Not Found

Function Identifier Not Found

kudruu@gmail.com

Hi,
I was trying to compile some code and I am getting a "Function
identifier not found" error. I can't figure out why since the
function that it claims is not identified is very clearly laid out.
Here is the declaration in my h file:

#pragma once
#include "afxwin.h"
class CGUIDlg : public CDialog
{
// Construction
// Implementation
protected:
public:
BOOL processEventMsg(time_t TimeSec, UCHAR chan, int strtID, UCHAR
*buf, int siz);
};

My function is written in the code as:

BOOL CGUIDlg:rocessEventMsg(time_t TimeSec, UCHAR chan, int strtID,
UCHAR *buf, int siz)
{
}

And it is called in another function as:

void getAllRs232( int lr )
{
processEventMsg(TimeSec, (UCHAR)(lr+,elmThree*32, adrs, length-1); //
These variables have been declared and used
}

However upon compilation the error states that processEventMsg
identifier is not found. I've tried moving around the function to
different area of the code but it gives the same error.
Does anyone have any ideas about what could cause this?
Thanks very much in advance for any help!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

On 2007-07-18 18:22, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi,
> I was trying to compile some code and I am getting a "Function
> identifier not found" error. I can't figure out why since the
> function that it claims is not identified is very clearly laid out.
> Here is the declaration in my h file:
>
> #pragma once
> #include "afxwin.h"
> class CGUIDlg : public CDialog
> {
> // Construction
> // Implementation
> protected:
> ..
> public:
> BOOL processEventMsg(time_t TimeSec, UCHAR chan, int strtID, UCHAR
> *buf, int siz);
> };
>
> My function is written in the code as:
>
> BOOL CGUIDlg:rocessEventMsg(time_t TimeSec, UCHAR chan, int strtID,
> UCHAR *buf, int siz)
> {
> }
>
> And it is called in another function as:
>
> void getAllRs232( int lr )
> {
> processEventMsg(TimeSec, (UCHAR)(lr+,elmThree*32, adrs, length-1);

processEvent() is a member method, you either have an object and invoke
the method on that or call it from some other member.

--
Erik Wikström