Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Querry on whether Eclipse can use WinCVS without client-server confiiguration

Querry on whether Eclipse can use WinCVS without client-server confiiguration

swapan.s1

Hi ,

I have created my Code repository on a local system. I have installed
CVS (which is a plug-in to the Eclipse). As i am not using client-
server configuration, no protocol like ssh, or pserver, i am using.

When i am using eclipse, taking CVS as a plugin for Eclipse , i am
doing teh following operation:

ADD A REPOSITORY.

It asks me for:

1. Host
2. repository Path
3. User
4. Password
5. Connection Type

My Understanding:
--------------------------

1. Host : Local system name
2. repository Path: Locatin of CVSRoot

For These fields i am not sure:

3. User:
4. Password
5. Connection Type

For connection type, it gives following options: pserver, ssh, ext
etc. As these clients are not running, and my repository is local,
can't i access teh location without these clients running.

Please suggest me for this issue. Also correct me if my understanding
is wrong.

Thanks...

Querry on whether Eclipse can use WinCVS without client-server confiiguration swapan.s1 Java 1 07-21-2007 08:23 PM
Querry on Eclipse swapan.s1 Java 5 06-12-2007 02:41 PM
Whither python24.dll? {WinCvs 2.0 and Python} Warren Postma Python 1 04-12-2005 09:36 PM
feedback form querry Graham HTML 1 02-12-2004 05:11 PM
querry Varsha MCSD 6 01-05-2004 05:34 PM

Advertisments