Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > An odd problem w/ folder sharing

An odd problem w/ folder sharing

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=

I have 3 computers networked together with a linksys wireless router.
Computer1 is connected to the router and computers 2 and 3 have wireless
adaptors. Computers 1 and 2 both run windows xp home edition. All compters
are a part of the same workgroup. The problem is that computer2 cannot access
computer1 through the network. I have folders shared on computer1 and I
cannot access them from computer2. However, computer1 can access computer2
and its shared folders and files. I tried finding computer1 by its name
'\\Crutchfield' and its current IP address '\\198.####' . When I try I
recieve the strange message that I don't have permission. Why would this be?
Computer1 is on the network and this is just odd.

Carey Holzman

On both PC's do the following:

click Start, click Run, type:
net user guest /active:yes (and hit enter)

Then, click Start, click Run, type:

control userpasswords2 (and hit enter)

Click Guest, click Reset Password and then click OK without entering a new
password.

Finally, download and install this registry patch on both PCs and reboot for
changes to take effect:

www.careyholzman.com/xp/home/fixnet.zip

Carey

news:(E-Mail Removed)...