Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Enterprise Library June 2005 - DAAB Encryption Problem

Enterprise Library June 2005 - DAAB Encryption Problem

Jules

I'm trying to encrypt my dataConfiguration.config using Enterprise
Library config util. I set up my File Key Algorithm Storage Provider
to create a key file using RijndaelManaged algorithm and using key
generated by EL wizard - config file is encrypted fine - key looks
fine - as soon as my app code hits a point where it needs to decrypt
the config in order to get the connection string, I get the following
error message:

The KeyAlgorithmPair could not be loaded from storage.

[InvalidOperationException: The KeyAlgorithmPair could not be loaded
from storage.]

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuratio n.ConfigurationProtector.SetDataToBeEncrypted(Conf igurationContext
context)

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuratio n.ConfigurationProtector.Load(ConfigurationContext
context, String sectionName)

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuratio n.RuntimeConfigurationView.GetConfigurationProtect or(String
sectionName)

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuratio n.Storage.XmlFileStorageProvider.LoadXmlFile(Strin g
fileName)

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuratio n.Storage.XmlFileStorageProvider.Read()

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuratio n.ConfigurationBuilder.ReadConfiguration(String
sectionName)

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuratio n.ConfigurationContext.GetConfiguration(String
sectionName)

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Databas eConfigurationView.GetDatabaseSettings()

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Databas eConfigurationView.GetDatabaseProviderData(String
instanceName)

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Databas eProviderFactory.GetConfigurationType(String
instanceName)

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuratio n.ConfigurationFactory.CreateInstance(String
configurationName)

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Databas eProviderFactory.CreateDatabase(String
instanceName)

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Databas eFactory.CreateDatabase(String
instanceName)
Ctd.Petrol.BusinessObjects.DataAccess.DataAccessBa se..cctor() in c:
\vss\library\ctd\apps\petrol\source\ctd.petrol.bus inessobjects
\dataaccess\dataaccessbase.cs:12

Any help much appreciated.