Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Do people still use a shutter release cable in digital camera age?

Do people still use a shutter release cable in digital camera age?

jpc

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 07:42:53 +0100, Rob Morley <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>jpc says...
>
>> I use a pnuematic shuttter release--just squeeze the rubber bulb. To
>> hold it in place, I bent some wire to hold the plunger end and
>> attached that to a hunk of wood that I shaped to fit against the
>> camrera. Add a couple wide rubber bands to hold the wood to the
>> camera and you have a shutter release that sure ain't pretty but works
>> great whenever I need it.
>>

>Now that's the way to do it - I hope the bit of wire is a bent
>coathanger.

A clipped spring with a long hook actually. With an inside diameter
sized so I could screw in the plunger of the release. Part of the 67
pounds of miisc hardware I bought in a garage sale for $2.00 ten years
ago. At the rate I'm using it, it ought to last me to 3027

jpc