Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OT: Any amateur astronomers here?

OT: Any amateur astronomers here?

martinhowell@bluebottle.com

This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has
167 posts in 65 topics by 53 members. I invite all to take a look at
the forum. Here is the url: www.moderatedsciastroamateur.org

At Moderated sci.astro.amateur you will find - and can post - topics,
images, flash content, YouTube submissions, polls, a picture of
yourself and/or a short audio greeting to the forum members, a nice
planetarium, updated astrowire, an off topic forum, and a quirky
little twist. . .an arcade consisting of 114 games for our members
only to compete on and attempt to best each other for #1.

Why not drop by Moderated sci.astro.amateur? Our members await you!!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

> This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
> astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
> sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has

I dunno, since I saw this link in somebody's sig line in this group, I'm
tempted to belive we're at the center of the universe:
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/16...leased_wi.html

clot

Rgr wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
>> astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
>> sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has

> I dunno, since I saw this link in somebody's sig line in this group,
> I'm tempted to belive we're at the center of the universe:
> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/16...leased_wi.html

Wonderful, highly topical response and able to be appreciated by
everyone!

WhzzKdd

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> Why not drop by Moderated sci.astro.amateur? Our members await you!!

Why not drop dead?

DemoDisk

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
> astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
> sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has
> 167 posts in 65 topics by 53 members. I invite all to take a look at
> the forum. Here is the url: www.moderatedsciastroamateur.org
>
> At Moderated sci.astro.amateur you will find - and can post - topics,
> images, flash content, YouTube submissions, polls, a picture of
> yourself and/or a short audio greeting to the forum members, a nice
> planetarium, updated astrowire, an off topic forum, and a quirky
> little twist. . .an arcade consisting of 114 games for our members
> only to compete on and attempt to best each other for #1.
>
> Why not drop by Moderated sci.astro.amateur? Our members await you!!

Oh sure. I've heard that one before: "C'mon over. My member awaits you!"

WhzzKdd

"clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Geeni.21430$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rgr wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
>>> astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
>>> sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has

>> I dunno, since I saw this link in somebody's sig line in this group,
>> I'm tempted to belive we're at the center of the universe:
>> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/16...leased_wi.html

> Wonderful, highly topical response and able to be appreciated by everyone!

Hey, at least Homer had his shorts on <g>

Fred Kasner

Rgr wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> This is to announce a relatively new astro forum to any amateur
>> astronomers in the 24hoursupport.helpdesk community. Moderated
>> sci.astro.amateur is now three months old and has

> I dunno, since I saw this link in somebody's sig line in this group, I'm
> tempted to belive we're at the center of the universe:
> http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/16...leased_wi.html

But of course. Any fool can see that there is a bunch of stuff out there
but it is all the same distance away from us on a big sphere. Either
that or there are holes in the sphere and what we see is the stuff on
the other side of the sphere seen through the holes in the sphere.
FK

martinhowell@bluebottle.com

On Jul 17, 6:01 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

Predictable responses, all. Grow up.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Jul 17, 6:01 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> Predictable responses, all. Grow up.

So have you made any discoveries like the Shoemaker-Levy comet? It's
impact with Jupiter was chronicled the world over. You want us TINU to
come join your little circle jerk of friends hovering around a painfully
small Celestron? Don't spam this group. You'll get spanked if you do.