Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Single-stepping through a python script

Single-stepping through a python script

Craig Howard

>>Craig Howard schrieb:
>> Hello All:
>>
>> Is is possible to compile a code object and single-step through its
>> execution?

>import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
>
>Look up the pdb module documentation.
>
>Diez

Sorry, I didn't give enough detail. Is it possible to single-step
through a
code object without using pdb? (Pdb uses the console which is not
what I want.)

Craig

Ben Finney

Craig Howard <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Sorry, I didn't give enough detail. Is it possible to single-step
> through a code object without using pdb? (Pdb uses the console which
> is not what I want.)

Rather than play elimination, could you tell us more about what you
*do* want? That is, please describe what you want as a positive
instead of "not using the console".

--
\ "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "Wuh, I think |
`\ so, Brain, but how will we get three pink flamingos into one |

Diez B. Roggisch

Craig Howard wrote:

> >>Craig Howard schrieb:
> >> Hello All:
> >>
> >> Is is possible to compile a code object and single-step through its
> >> execution?

> >import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
> >
> >Look up the pdb module documentation.
> >
> >Diez

> Sorry, I didn't give enough detail. Is it possible to single-step
> through a
> code object without using pdb? (Pdb uses the console which is not
> what I want.)

Well, what do you want? How do you suppose to perform any interaction with a
running process if not through a window?

Diez