Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > adobe pdf opens off web and weird icon appears

adobe pdf opens off web and weird icon appears

Tony Tee

Whenever I open pdf documents off the web I see the strange icon in my tray
that looks like a 3 pin electric socket. When I close the icon, it doesn't
affect the pdf in anyway, so i have a feeling the web is sneaking something
in my pc every time i open these web pdf's?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Tony Tee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Whenever I open pdf documents off the web I see the strange icon in my tray
>that looks like a 3 pin electric socket. When I close the icon, it doesn't
>affect the pdf in anyway, so i have a feeling the web is sneaking something
>in my pc every time i open these web pdf's?

I download PDF files (all files) to a ram drive then read them, you
might start downloading PDF files to remove any doubt.

--

http://www.onahorse.com/

Evan Platt

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:03:42 +0100, "Tony Tee"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Whenever I open pdf documents off the web I see the strange icon in my tray
>that looks like a 3 pin electric socket. When I close the icon, it doesn't
>affect the pdf in anyway, so i have a feeling the web is sneaking something
>in my pc every time i open these web pdf's?

My guess based on the lack of information you provided is a plug in
for your web browser to view PDF's.

If you move the mouse over that icon, what does it say?