Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > sqlite tuples

sqlite tuples

John K Masters

I am fairly new to Python and am trying to get to grips with pysqlite2.
>From what I have read data is returned as a list of tuples when using

SELECT via connection.cursor. But I have not, despite frantic googling,
found how to INSERT a list of tuples into a sqlite table. If I convert
the tuple to a string and concatenate it to the 'INSERT INTO table etc.'
string then it works, but only if all the tuple values are strings and
then only if all the table fields are of type TEXT.

Is it possible to, and if so how can one, insert a list of tuples into a
sqlite table?

Regards, John
--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography
Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914)