Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Date not appearing when hovering mouse over clock in sys tray

Date not appearing when hovering mouse over clock in sys tray

John

For some reason when I hover the mouse over the clock, or any other icon in
the system notification area boxes no longer appear. I have a P4 3.2gig
running XP home.

Is there a setting somewhere to bring the function back?

meerkat

news:6K8ni.9676$(E-Mail Removed)...
> For some reason when I hover the mouse over the clock, or any other icon
> in the system notification area boxes no longer appear. I have a P4 3.2gig
> running XP home.
>
> Is there a setting somewhere to bring the function back?

this tip shows you how to switch the balloon msgs On/Off.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/notifica...lloon_tips.htm

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For some reason when I hover the mouse over the clock, or any other icon in
>the system notification area boxes no longer appear. I have a P4 3.2gig
>running XP home.
>
>Is there a setting somewhere to bring the function back?

You can also set how long a hover is with power toys
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

--
Pagans are not happy about an enormous Homer Simpson
painted near an ancient image.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

>You can also set how long a hover is with power toys
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

That would be with Tweak UI of course.
--
Pagans are not happy about an enormous Homer Simpson
painted near an ancient image.
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/16...leased_wi.html

Susan Bugher

John wrote:

> For some reason when I hover the mouse over the clock, or any other icon in
> the system notification area boxes no longer appear. I have a P4 3.2gig
> running XP home.
>
> Is there a setting somewhere to bring the function back?

XP here too and I lose the balloon that shows the date about once a day.
<grrr> I can get the balloon back by right-clicking, bringing up the
adjust date/time box and closing it again. dunno it that will work for
you too. . .

Susan