Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > High Score on 70-218

High Score on 70-218

Glauco Carvalho

A friend told me his score on 70-218, Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000
Network Environment, http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-218.asp was
1007.

Is that possible? Do someone know anyone with a higher score on any test?

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Glauco Carvalho spewed across the
ether:

> A friend told me his score on 70-218, Managing a Microsoft Windows
> 2000 Network Environment,
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-218.asp was 1007.
>
> Is that possible? Do someone know anyone with a higher score on any
> test?

Yes. We have heard many reports in here of scores in excess of 1000. The
pass requirement of 700 does not equate to 70%.

And no, to nip your next question in the bud, nobody knows the max score.

--
JaR
Thug 10110

kpg

JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns969253EFEE889plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.2 48.16:

> And no, to nip your next question in the bud, nobody knows the max
> score.

Oh come on...sombody knows, there just not saying.

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:

>> And no, to nip your next question in the bud, nobody knows the max
>> score.

> Oh come on...sombody knows, there just not saying.

I don't believe it. I think it's been so sekrit for so long that the
original people that actually knew have quit Microsoft and are working for
Google or are retired in the Caribbean now. Having never passed the magic
number to anyone before they left, they have put it out of their minds and
forgotten it.

I challenge any of the local Microsofties lurking in here to prove me
wrong!

--
JaR
Thug 10110

Steven L Umbach

Don't know. Keep in mind that no two tests are alike. A pass is a pass. ---
Steve

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

news:Xns96926AE575F16plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.2 48.16:

> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\167675.htm (7/13/2005
> 2:53:46 PM) # In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across
> the ether:
>
>>> And no, to nip your next question in the bud, nobody knows the max
>>> score.

>> Oh come on...sombody knows, there just not saying.

> I don't believe it. I think it's been so sekrit for so long that the
> original people that actually knew have quit Microsoft and are working
> for Google or are retired in the Caribbean now. Having never passed
> the magic number to anyone before they left, they have put it out of
> their minds and forgotten it.
>
> I challenge any of the local Microsofties lurking in here to prove me
> wrong!

Reminds me of a test I took in forklift driving school (don't ask). The
instructor went through great pains to explain that a forklift does not
steer like a regular car does, the back wheels turn instead of the front.

So on the test there is the question: True or False: A forklift steers just
like a regular automobile. Well everyone confidently answered 'False'. We
all got it wrong. When confronted, the instructor explained: Well of
course a forklift steers just like regular car, turn the wheel left and it
goes left, turn it right and it goes right.

kp "I have a point but I don't know what it is" g

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the
ether:

> Reminds me of a test I took in forklift driving school

(don't ask).
> The instructor went through great pains to explain that a

forklift
> does not steer like a regular car does, the back wheels turn

instead
> of the front.
>
> So on the test there is the question: True or False: A

forklift steers
> just like a regular automobile. Well everyone confidently

answered
> 'False'. We all got it wrong. When confronted, the

instructor
> explained: Well of course a forklift steers just like

regular car,
> turn the wheel left and it goes left, turn it right and it

goes right.

> kp "I have a point but I don't know what it is" g

Exactly!

--
JaR
Thug 10110

FrisbeeŽ

"kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
news:Xns969297B7D7D44ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .
> JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Xns96926AE575F16plentespamsuxsofthom@207.46.2 48.16:
>
>> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\167675.htm (7/13/2005
>> 2:53:46 PM) # In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across
>> the ether:

>>> Oh come on...sombody knows, there just not saying.

>> I don't believe it. I think it's been so sekrit for so long that the
>> original people that actually knew have quit Microsoft and are working
>> for Google or are retired in the Caribbean now. Having never passed
>> the magic number to anyone before they left, they have put it out of
>> their minds and forgotten it.
>>
>> I challenge any of the local Microsofties lurking in here to prove me
>> wrong!
>>

> Reminds me of a test I took in forklift driving school (don't ask). The
> instructor went through great pains to explain that a forklift does not
> steer like a regular car does, the back wheels turn instead of the front.
>
> So on the test there is the question: True or False: A forklift steers
> just
> like a regular automobile. Well everyone confidently answered 'False'.
> We
> all got it wrong. When confronted, the instructor explained: Well of
> course a forklift steers just like regular car, turn the wheel left and it
> goes left, turn it right and it goes right.
>
> kp "I have a point but I don't know what it is" g

If the instructor had merely substituted the word "steer" with "turn" or
"manuever", he'd have been correct.

I woulda been ****ed.

=?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

"JaR" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg spewed across the ether:
>
> >> And no, to nip your next question in the bud, nobody knows the max
> >> score.

> > Oh come on...sombody knows, there just not saying.

> I don't believe it. I think it's been so sekrit for so long that the
> original people that actually knew have quit Microsoft and are working for
> Google or are retired in the Caribbean now. Having never passed the magic
> number to anyone before they left, they have put it out of their minds and
> forgotten it.
>
> I challenge any of the local Microsofties lurking in here to prove me
> wrong!
>
> --
> JaR
> Thug 10110
> MCNGP.com Dept of Improbable Events

I can't beleive nobody here knows. Ok, so I will pass on the golden
information:

The max score for 70-218 is....
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

100%

There. You happy now?

kpg

FrisbeeŽ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:#otRlZ#(E-Mail Removed):

> If the instructor had merely substituted the word "steer" with "turn"
> or "manuever", he'd have been correct.
>
> I woulda been ****ed.

We were, but of course the point is...

....there is no 100%

kp "and there ain't no 10's" g

High Score File I/O kyle christian C++ 4 01-01-2008 09:18 PM
High Score on 70-218 Glauco Carvalho MCSA 1 07-26-2005 12:19 PM
High Score on 70-218 Glauco Carvalho Microsoft Certification 1 07-13-2005 07:26 PM
Approximately needed score (I know MS hides the score...) for passing 70-305??? Daniel Walzenbach MCSD 2 11-09-2003 10:04 PM
Minesweeper high score Jerry NZ Computing 33 10-29-2003 06:38 PM

Advertisments