Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Not completely OT: DECT Handset

Not completely OT: DECT Handset

Jono

Has anyone got any recommendation for a DECT handset to connnect to an
SPA adapter...... a handset that can cope with VoIP Caller ID _Name_?

Ideally, said handset would have a base which is separate from the
handset's charger, although CLID Name is the more important feature.

Cheers.

Graham

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Has anyone got any recommendation for a DECT handset to connnect to an SPA
> adapter...... a handset that can cope with VoIP Caller ID _Name_?
>
> Ideally, said handset would have a base which is separate from the
> handset's charger, although CLID Name is the more important feature.
>
> Cheers.

Nether of my cheap Binitone DECTS do (no suprise there)
I was suprised when I connected one of those stand-alone
BT caller display units (99p from car boot, NIB) that it
displayed the full station name from Asterisk via a PAP2
It seems to be an undocumented area of phones specs.
which is no doubt why you are asking here.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Jono

Graham presented the following explanation :
> "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Has anyone got any recommendation for a DECT handset to connnect to an SPA
>> adapter...... a handset that can cope with VoIP Caller ID _Name_?
>>
>> Ideally, said handset would have a base which is separate from the
>> handset's charger, although CLID Name is the more important feature.
>>
>> Cheers.

> Nether of my cheap Binitone DECTS do (no suprise there)
> I was suprised when I connected one of those stand-alone
> BT caller display units (99p from car boot, NIB) that it
> displayed the full station name from Asterisk via a PAP2
> It seems to be an undocumented area of phones specs.
> which is no doubt why you are asking here.

It is.

Neither of my BT handsets display the station name. My sister has an
old Panasonic that does.

I want one that does too..!

bob garbutt

Jono wrote:
> Has anyone got any recommendation for a DECT handset to connnect to an
> SPA adapter...... a handset that can cope with VoIP Caller ID _Name_?
>
> Ideally, said handset would have a base which is separate from the
> handset's charger, although CLID Name is the more important feature.
>
> Cheers.

Hi,

I use this with my ATA, no problem with CLID

http://tinyurl.com/2lp3dq

I have three phones working of my ATA without any problems and all
handsets CLID

Bob

alexd

Jono wrote:

> It is.
>
> Neither of my BT handsets display the station name. My sister has an
> old Panasonic that does.
>
> I want one that does too..!

I've got a Panasonic KX-TCA505EM base station, KX-TCA105EM handset and
Grandstream '486. Works fine with SMS and caller ID names.

18:39:14 up 27 min, 1 user, load average: 0.05, 0.28, 0.43
09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0

Jono

bob garbutt presented the following explanation :
> Jono wrote:
>> Has anyone got any recommendation for a DECT handset to connnect to an SPA
>> adapter...... a handset that can cope with VoIP Caller ID _Name_?
>>
>> Ideally, said handset would have a base which is separate from the
>> handset's charger, although CLID Name is the more important feature.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I use this with my ATA, no problem with CLID
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2lp3dq
>
> I have three phones working of my ATA without any problems and all handsets
> CLID
>
> Bob

Thanks Bob. Does it show the caller's NAME as well as CLID? (Assuming
VoIP call, not legacy)

Jono

alexd explained on 17/07/2007 :
> Jono wrote:
>
>> It is.
>>
>> Neither of my BT handsets display the station name. My sister has an
>> old Panasonic that does.
>>
>> I want one that does too..!

> I've got a Panasonic KX-TCA505EM base station, KX-TCA105EM handset and
> Grandstream '486. Works fine with SMS and caller ID names.

Cheers, alexd.

Panasonic seem to be favourites, so far.

Iain

Jono wrote:

> Panasonic seem to be favourites, so far.

That's because they are the best. We have Panasonic, Philips and cheap
ones from Lidl and Aldi. The Panasonics are so much better and not much
more expensive.