Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > error 871122

error 871122

=?Utf-8?B?cm9zc2VsbGE=?=

I am from Florence Italy, I will try to explain my problem but my english is
not too good.....however......Today it is happened a mistake in connecting to
internet using my wireless router but i can only connect to another that I
don't know. I cannot use "visualize wireless access point"
I have this notebook since january and this is the first time this problem
occurs.......can you help me?
Thank you
Rossella

John Thomas Smith

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:22:00 -0700, rossella
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I cannot use "visualize wireless access point"

If that is a Windows error message, you might go to this
web site and enter that phrase to see if Microsoft has an
article with a solution

http://search.microsoft.com/search.a...&setlang=en-US

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
This error probably relates to Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC).
This page would explain how to set it back to Auto ON.
It might be that it is switched off by another Wireless application running
in background make sure that the original Wireless card utility is Not
running too.
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"rossella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am from Florence Italy, I will try to explain my problem but my english
>is
> not too good.....however......Today it is happened a mistake in connecting
> internet using my wireless router but i can only connect to another that I
> don't know. I cannot use "visualize wireless access point"
> I have this notebook since january and this is the first time this problem
> occurs.......can you help me?
> Thank you
> Rossella

=?Utf-8?B?cm9zc2VsbGE=?=

thank you for your kind and immediately answer.......I have made all you have
indicated but when I press ability for zero configuration it comes a new
error n° 1068 and I dont know what it is.........
Now I am connected with a low connection to an old configuration of my
router and not to the right connection ........
Rossella

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> This error probably relates to Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC).
> This page would explain how to set it back to Auto ON.
> It might be that it is switched off by another Wireless application running
> in background make sure that the original Wireless card utility is Not
> running too.
> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "rossella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am from Florence Italy, I will try to explain my problem but my english
> >is
> > not too good.....however......Today it is happened a mistake in connecting
> > internet using my wireless router but i can only connect to another that I
> > don't know. I cannot use "visualize wireless access point"
> > I have this notebook since january and this is the first time this problem
> > occurs.......can you help me?
> > Thank you
> > Rossella

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Error 1068 indicates that one of the services that the network is dependent
on is Off.
May be this can Help, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827328
In addition I would suggest that you should read this page and make sure
that your Wireless computer is configured correctly,
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
You can try to refresh the network too,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"rossella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> thank you for your kind and immediately answer.......I have made all you
> have
> indicated but when I press ability for zero configuration it comes a new
> error n° 1068 and I dont know what it is.........
> Now I am connected with a low connection to an old configuration of my
> router and not to the right connection ........
> Rossella
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> This error probably relates to Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC).
>> This page would explain how to set it back to Auto ON.
>> It might be that it is switched off by another Wireless application
>> running
>> in background make sure that the original Wireless card utility is Not
>> running too.
>> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "rossella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am from Florence Italy, I will try to explain my problem but my
>> >english
>> >is
>> > not too good.....however......Today it is happened a mistake in
>> > connecting
>> > internet using my wireless router but i can only connect to another
>> > that I
>> > don't know. I cannot use "visualize wireless access point"
>> > I have this notebook since january and this is the first time this
>> > problem
>> > occurs.......can you help me?
>> > Thank you
>> > Rossella

VB

Thanks this worked magnificently for me. WZC had been inadvertently disabled,
but for this bit of information I would still be raking my hair out>
VB

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> This error probably relates to Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC).
> This page would explain how to set it back to Auto ON.
> It might be that it is switched off by another Wireless application running
> in background make sure that the original Wireless card utility is Not
> running too.
> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "rossella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am from Florence Italy, I will try to explain my problem but my english
> >is
> > not too good.....however......Today it is happened a mistake in connecting
> > internet using my wireless router but i can only connect to another that I
> > don't know. I cannot use "visualize wireless access point"
> > I have this notebook since january and this is the first time this problem
> > occurs.......can you help me?
> > Thank you
> > Rossella

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
http://www.ezlan.net/2Tups.jpg
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"VB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks this worked magnificently for me. WZC had been inadvertently
> disabled,
> but for this bit of information I would still be raking my hair out>
> VB
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> This error probably relates to Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC).
>> This page would explain how to set it back to Auto ON.
>> It might be that it is switched off by another Wireless application
>> running
>> in background make sure that the original Wireless card utility is Not
>> running too.
>> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "rossella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am from Florence Italy, I will try to explain my problem but my
>> >english
>> >is
>> > not too good.....however......Today it is happened a mistake in
>> > connecting
>> > internet using my wireless router but i can only connect to another
>> > that I
>> > don't know. I cannot use "visualize wireless access point"
>> > I have this notebook since january and this is the first time this
>> > problem
>> > occurs.......can you help me?
>> > Thank you
>> > Rossella

maxtaurus1

"rossella" wrote:

> I am from Florence Italy, I will try to explain my problem but my english is
> not too good.....however......Today it is happened a mistake in connecting to
> internet using my wireless router but i can only connect to another that I
> don't know. I cannot use "visualize wireless access point"
> I have this notebook since january and this is the first time this problem
> occurs.......can you help me?
> Thank you
> Rossella

maxtaurus1

"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> Error 1068 indicates that one of the services that the network is dependent
> on is Off.
> May be this can Help, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827328
> In addition I would suggest that you should read this page and make sure
> that your Wireless computer is configured correctly,
> http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
> You can try to refresh the network too,
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "rossella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > thank you for your kind and immediately answer.......I have made all you
> > have
> > indicated but when I press ability for zero configuration it comes a new
> > error n° 1068 and I dont know what it is.........
> > Now I am connected with a low connection to an old configuration of my
> > router and not to the right connection ........
> > Rossella
> >
> > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >> This error probably relates to Windows Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC).
> >> This page would explain how to set it back to Auto ON.
> >> It might be that it is switched off by another Wireless application
> >> running
> >> in background make sure that the original Wireless card utility is Not
> >> running too.
> >> http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
> >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
> >>
> >> "rossella" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

maxtaurus1