Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Microsoft drops PearsonVue

Microsoft drops PearsonVue

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

news:Xns996FB6F37A83Acatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136:

> you are naive.
>
> I'm a drop in the bucket but my impression is that I'm only one of many,
> many people who are furious about this decision and that makes it major.
> Just because you choose to be Miss Mary Sunshine and kiss MS @$$, don't
> patronize the rest of because we won't bend over an take it.
>
> --
> Catwalker
> MCNGP #43
> www.mcngp.com
> "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

Aren't we in a "catty" mood tonight?!? You and others have said it on
more than one occasion that Microsoft doesn't care about... well
anything but money. So why would this surprise you? I am not happy about
it. I have no feelings regarding it at all. As far as patronizing you, I
don't think I did or ever have? You are speaking in generalities.
Friends?

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST

catwalker63

FrisbeeŽ piffled away vaguely:

> The more poasts of yours that I read, the more that I believe we are kindred
> spirits. I really don't need to poast anymore at all. You always seem to
> say exactly what I'm thinking.
>
> Are you my sock?

I am not a sock!

BTW: I sent an email complaint to MS and now they're trying to blow
sunshine and roses up my @$$. Fsck 'em!
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43

catwalker63

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.] piffled away vaguely:

> "catwalker63" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns996FB6F37A83Acatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136:
>
>> you are naive.
>>
>> I'm a drop in the bucket but my impression is that I'm only one of many,
>> many people who are furious about this decision and that makes it major.
>> Just because you choose to be Miss Mary Sunshine and kiss MS @$$, don't
>> patronize the rest of because we won't bend over an take it.
>>

> Aren't we in a "catty" mood tonight?!? You and others have said it on
> more than one occasion that Microsoft doesn't care about... well
> anything but money. So why would this surprise you? I am not happy about
> it. I have no feelings regarding it at all. As far as patronizing you, I
> don't think I did or ever have? You are speaking in generalities.
> Friends?

I calls 'em as I sees 'em. I am not Miss Mary Sunshine. I am the
evil b!tch monster of death. That's twice I've seen you try the
"settle down people" approach to this issue. That's not a generality
and it is patraonizing. This is a hugely stupid move in a year when MS
has screwed the pooch every which way they turn. You're entitled to
have no opinion but I'd recommend not standing in the way of the flame
throwers.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

catwalker63

Mostly Gizzards piffled away vaguely:

> Obviously, sharing that information would require your swift, painful death.
>
> Nobody wants that.

Speak for yourself.
--

Catwalker
MCNGP #43
www.mcngp.com
"I have a gun. It's loaded. Shut up."

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I calls 'em as I sees 'em. I am not Miss Mary Sunshine. I am the
> evil b!tch monster of death. That's twice I've seen you try the
> "settle down people" approach to this issue. That's not a generality
> and it is patraonizing. This is a hugely stupid move in a year when MS
> has screwed the pooch every which way they turn. You're entitled to
> have no opinion but I'd recommend not standing in the way of the flame
> throwers.

I do enjoy your commentary! BTW just out of curiosity, what did
Microsoft say to you?

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST

The Rev [MCT]

*cough* NO *cough*

--
..rev

accepting it"
~Aristotle

Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

Register on-line @ vue.com
..
"Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
> */cough* ??
>
> --
> Michael Gossett
> A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

The Rev [MCT]

You don't actually believe Test centers make any money delivering exams do
you? Trust me they are not in it for the money. It's simply a loss leader.
And with Prometric itsa bigger loss, they cost quite a bit more to operate
than VUE centers do.And no We are not even if Cisco goes one way and MS gos
the other. I think its stupid on both accounts because now smaller test
centers are forced to stay with both. I admit I'd be less upset if MS had
picked VUE, but personally I think they should have left it alone or improve
a dual EDP system. Droping to a single EDP is not improvement for the test
taker or the test center. Orme for that matter when I have to defend a
choice I have very little information about.

--
..rev

accepting it"
~Aristotle

Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

Register on-line @ vue.com
..
"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:O5d3Gq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jason Paper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OlMK8c#(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Kind of interesting since Cisco announced they were going to be exclusive
>> with PearsonVue.
>>

>> http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2007/prod_071107.html
>>
>> Jason
>>

>> --
>> "Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
>> > */cough* ??
>> >
>> > --
>> > Michael Gossett
>> > A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator
>> >

> So there now their even, right? Guys, this is not a major item! Do you
> honestly think that these P/V testing centers are going to lose money?
> Umm, no. They will, more than likely apply to be a Prometric testing
> center.
>
> --
> Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
> CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"The Rev [MCT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> You don't actually believe Test centers make any money delivering exams do
> you?

Having worked for a CLC/Exam Provider (Prometric to be exact) I am aware
of the lack of money these exams generate for a center. My remarks were
tongue-in-cheek to the opposition who states this is a monetary issue.
It very well could be. However, I do believe this was a well thought out
deal and not some shot from the hip decision made by Microsoft AND
Prometric. Time will ultimately tell if this move was a good deal all
the way around. Just out of curiosity, are people getting upset now that
Cisco is aligned with VUE now?

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST

The Rev [MCT]

Doubtful, like I said I'd be less upset if MS went VUE because they ARE the
better provider. But I still think ultimately it is a bad idea to move to a
single EDP. Let Prometric suck and let me still choose something better. Its
like when the cable company tells you how great service is because it's a
controlled monopoly. So I can say when its just Prometric again you will
have the best possible service and testing experience Microsoft can offer!
It'll be a true statement. When there is only one it is the best.

--
..rev

accepting it"
~Aristotle

Save 20% off any Microsoft MCP Exam when testing with Pearson VUE. Use
Discount code: MSUU7C1E9359

Register on-line @ vue.com
..
"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "The Rev [MCT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> You don't actually believe Test centers make any money delivering exams
>> do
>> you?
>>

> Having worked for a CLC/Exam Provider (Prometric to be exact) I am aware
> of the lack of money these exams generate for a center. My remarks were
> tongue-in-cheek to the opposition who states this is a monetary issue. It
> very well could be. However, I do believe this was a well thought out deal
> and not some shot from the hip decision made by Microsoft AND Prometric.
> Time will ultimately tell if this move was a good deal all the way around.
> Just out of curiosity, are people getting upset now that Cisco is aligned
> with VUE now?
>

> --
> Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
> CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com

Neil

did you hear "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:uFXMa4CyHHA.1212
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> Having worked for a CLC/Exam Provider (Prometric to be exact) I am aware
> of the lack of money these exams generate for a center.

actually, it's more like negative revenue.

- A computer's attention span is as long as its power cord.