Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Microsoft drops PearsonVue

Microsoft drops PearsonVue

Michael Gossett

Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
*/cough* ??

--
Michael Gossett
A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

FrisbeeŽ

"Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
> */cough* ??

That thought had occurred to me, too. If that is the reason, I doubt very
much they'd state such, as it could result in a major lawsuit. Makes one
wonder if P/V is the test center of choice in countries that tend to be a
little-less-than-honest with their testing centers.

Montreal MCT

Hi Michael,

Yes, I do know the real reason behind the decision to stick with a single
exam provider, and it had nothing to do with braindumps. To my
understanding Pearson/Vue's reputation is stellar, as is demonstrated by so
many exam partners sticking with them.

Mitch Garvis, MCT
MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
"Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
> */cough* ??
>
> --
> Michael Gossett
> A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

Jason Paper

Kind of interesting since Cisco announced they were going to be exclusive
with PearsonVue.

http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2007/prod_071107.html

Jason

--
"Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
> */cough* ??
>
> --
> Michael Gossett
> A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

Steve Ray

Maybe you would be so kind so share this evidence then please ?

Steve

"Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Michael,
>
> Yes, I do know the real reason behind the decision to stick with a single
> exam provider, and it had nothing to do with braindumps. To my
> understanding Pearson/Vue's reputation is stellar, as is demonstrated by
> so many exam partners sticking with them.

> Mitch Garvis, MCT
> MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
> Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
> "Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
>> */cough* ??
>>
>> --
>> Michael Gossett
>> A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

Mostly Gizzards

Obviously, sharing that information would require your swift, painful death.

Nobody wants that.

MG

"Steve Ray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QrRmi.18187$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe you would be so kind so share this evidence then please ?
>
> Steve
>
> "Montreal MCT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> Yes, I do know the real reason behind the decision to stick with a single
>> exam provider, and it had nothing to do with braindumps. To my
>> understanding Pearson/Vue's reputation is stellar, as is demonstrated by
>> so many exam partners sticking with them.

>> --
>> Mitch Garvis, MCT
>> MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
>> Microsoft MVP: Windows Server - Customer Experience
>> Visit my blog at http://blog.mitchgarvis.com
>> "Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
>>> */cough* ??
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Gossett
>>> A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"Jason Paper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OlMK8c#(E-Mail Removed):

> Kind of interesting since Cisco announced they were going to be exclusive
> with PearsonVue.
>

> http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2007/prod_071107.html
>
> Jason
>

> --
> "Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
> > */cough* ??
> >
> > --
> > Michael Gossett
> > A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

So there now their even, right? Guys, this is not a major item! Do you
honestly think that these P/V testing centers are going to lose money?
Umm, no. They will, more than likely apply to be a Prometric testing
center.

--
Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST

catwalker63

"Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
prattled ceaselessly in news:O5d3Gq$(E-Mail Removed):

>> --
>> "Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing
>> > braindumps */cough* ??
>> >
>> > --
>> > Michael Gossett
>> > A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator
>> >

> So there now their even, right? Guys, this is not a major item! Do you
> honestly think that these P/V testing centers are going to lose money?
> Umm, no. They will, more than likely apply to be a Prometric testing
> center.

Since P/V and Prometric are in competition, P/V will loose the revenue
from MS tests. And it is a major item. I won't use Prometric so I won't
be taking any further MS tests. Some people will not be able to because
they don't have a Prometric testing center near them. And if you think
they'll get one anytime soon, given Prometric's history of poor
performance, you are naive.

I'm a drop in the bucket but my impression is that I'm only one of many,
many people who are furious about this decision and that makes it major.
Just because you choose to be Miss Mary Sunshine and kiss MS @$$, don't
patronize the rest of because we won't bend over an take it.

--
Catwalker
MCNGP #43

FrisbeeŽ

news:Xns996FB6F37A83Acatwalker63athotmail@216.196. 97.136...
> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> prattled ceaselessly in news:O5d3Gq$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>> --
>>> "Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

>> So there now their even, right? Guys, this is not a major item! Do you
>> honestly think that these P/V testing centers are going to lose money?
>> Umm, no. They will, more than likely apply to be a Prometric testing
>> center.
>>

> Since P/V and Prometric are in competition, P/V will loose the revenue
> from MS tests. And it is a major item. I won't use Prometric so I won't
> be taking any further MS tests. Some people will not be able to because
> they don't have a Prometric testing center near them. And if you think
> they'll get one anytime soon, given Prometric's history of poor
> performance, you are naive.
>
> I'm a drop in the bucket but my impression is that I'm only one of many,
> many people who are furious about this decision and that makes it major.
> Just because you choose to be Miss Mary Sunshine and kiss MS @$$, don't
> patronize the rest of because we won't bend over an take it.

The more poasts of yours that I read, the more that I believe we are kindred
spirits. I really don't need to poast anymore at all. You always seem to
say exactly what I'm thinking.

Are you my sock?

John R

"Michael Gossett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone know the REAL reason behind this? *cough* allowing braindumps
> */cough* ??
>
> --
> Michael Gossett
> A+, MCP, MCDST, Backup Exec 10.0 Administrator

My thought would be just what they said. They want to be more responsive in
delivering newer tests and newer testing technologies. Dealing with one
partner is less confusing/aggrevating than dealing with two. It is probably
difficult for them currently to get everyone to agree to get on the same
page now. If everyone doesn't agree on something, you can't implement it
too well. By partnering with a single vendor, you eliminate one party in
those negotiations and Prometric probably agreed to just rubber stamp any
changes they want. I feel bad for PearsonVue. I did all my testing with
them. I have no experience with Prometric. However, I would bet that
Microsoft feels that if someone wants certification bad enough, they will
find a testing center.

John R