Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to run multiple instances of MS Outlook

How to run multiple instances of MS Outlook

robertaj@gmail.com

I have 2 emails I would like to run thru outlook... both work
addresses. Can I somehow run 2 instances of MS outlook ? If so, is
there a document that can run me thru the steps?

Mike Easter

> I have 2 emails I would like to run thru outlook... both work
> addresses.

Since you are a googlegrouper posting w/ a gmail login, I'm going to
assume you are more likely to confuse Outlook Express OE the free
mailnews agent of IE with Outlook OL the MAPI messenger client of MS
Office than you are to not confuse them.

So, I think your question is supposed to be that you would like to have
OE handle two different email accounts. It is also possible that you
want to have OL handle two different email accounts, since you mentioned
work addresses and work addresses often involve MS Office and OL and
even Exchange.

> Can I somehow run 2 instances of MS outlook ?

You don't handle two mail accounts by running 2 instances of OL or OE.

One 'instance' can have any number of mail accounts. You can have
multiple mail accounts for a single identity or you can have multiple
mail accounts for multiple identities.

--
Mike Easter

Meat Plow

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:48:45 +0000, robertaj wrote:

> I have 2 emails I would like to run thru outlook... both work
> addresses. Can I somehow run 2 instances of MS outlook ? If so, is
> there a document that can run me thru the steps?

You can set up multiple accounts in Outlook.

WhzzKdd

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:48:45 +0000, robertaj wrote:
>
>> I have 2 emails I would like to run thru outlook... both work
>> addresses. Can I somehow run 2 instances of MS outlook ? If so, is
>> there a document that can run me thru the steps?

> You can set up multiple accounts in Outlook.

And with just a little help from the rules, the email can even be sorted
properly into separate folders based on which account it was received from.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

WhzzKdd wrote:

> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> robertaj wrote:
>>
>>> I have 2 emails I would like to run thru outlook... both work
>>> addresses. Can I somehow run 2 instances of MS outlook ? If so, is
>>> there a document that can run me thru the steps?

>> You can set up multiple accounts in Outlook.

> And with just a little help from the rules, the email can even be
> sorted properly into separate folders based on which account it was
> received from.

...or you could upgrade to Thunderbird which does that without the need
for rules. Just set a major option for addresses to use their own set of
folders. (might be the default)

--
-bts

Techknowdude@gmail.com

On Jul 16, 11:48 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I have 2 emails I would like to run thru outlook... both work
> addresses. Can I somehow run 2 instances of MS outlook ? If so, is
> there a document that can run me thru the steps?

If you want to keep the two instances seperate the best way is to set
up a profile for each account. See the link below!

TechKnow Dude
www.techknow-solutions.net