Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Office 2007 causes html icon to disappear on 64bit Windows Vista.

Office 2007 causes html icon to disappear on 64bit Windows Vista.

Cat

This problem happened on Windows XP x64 with Microsoft Office 2003. I
didn't expect that the same problem would occur with the latest
version of Windows and Office. Microsoft probably knew about this
problem before they launched Office 2007.

Anyways, I know that Microsoft Office installs a 32 bit icon handler
for HTML files and under 64bit Windows, this doesn't work so that
there's no icon for HTML files. How can I fix this problem? I've
searched the Office news group for this problem and there WAS the same
question for this problem but the reply was like the following:

>There is an x64 newsgroup.
>microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
>
>--
>Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Is there a solution? Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9vdHNhbmRjdWx0dXJl?=

Same problem here. No solution found.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9vdHNhbmRjdWx0dXJl?=

Open the registry editor and search for the following:

42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597

This is the class ID for the office icon handler. For each instance that
this value occurs under a key called "iconhandler", delete the key.

Next open IE and click on the tools>internet options in the menu. click on
programs tab and then click on "reset web settings".

(Thanks to sb1171)