Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT: Ever hear of brand "Panoramic" analog camera?

OT: Ever hear of brand "Panoramic" analog camera?

John Doe

I'm trying to identify this (non digital) big piece of very shiny
black plastic. I'm mainly curious about the subject.

Looks like it has a really big plastic/glass/whatever lens piece
covering maybe a 50mm lens.

The very cheap looking little plastic lever popped off when I tried
opening the film bay. Snapped it back on.

The only thing it says is "Panoramic" and that looks like a brand
name. The owner has a flash attachment.

Any leads to information (if there is any) about Panoramic brand
cameras would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Roy G

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Wiymi.27971$(E-Mail Removed). net...

> I'm trying to identify this (non digital) big piece of very shiny
> black plastic. I'm mainly curious about the subject.
>
> Looks like it has a really big plastic/glass/whatever lens piece
> covering maybe a 50mm lens.
>
> The very cheap looking little plastic lever popped off when I tried
> opening the film bay. Snapped it back on.
>
> The only thing it says is "Panoramic" and that looks like a brand
> name. The owner has a flash attachment.
>
> Any leads to information (if there is any) about Panoramic brand
> cameras would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

No.

And you haven't really given a good description, in any case.

Roy G

John Doe

"Roy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> And you haven't really given a good description, in any case.

The brand name isn't a good description?

> Roy G

Tony Hwang

John Doe wrote:

> "Roy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>And you haven't really given a good description, in any case.

> The brand name isn't a good description?
>

>>Roy G

Hi,
Think so. It has more than one lens.

ray

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:43:50 +0000, John Doe wrote:

> I'm trying to identify this (non digital) big piece of very shiny
> black plastic. I'm mainly curious about the subject.
>
> Looks like it has a really big plastic/glass/whatever lens piece
> covering maybe a 50mm lens.
>
> The very cheap looking little plastic lever popped off when I tried
> opening the film bay. Snapped it back on.
>
> The only thing it says is "Panoramic" and that looks like a brand
> name. The owner has a flash attachment.
>
> Any leads to information (if there is any) about Panoramic brand
> cameras would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

FWIW - analog is not really very accurate - if it's 'film' you're talking
about, I'd say 'film'. In a way film is digital too, ever hear of 'grain'?

ASAAR

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:38:01 -0600, ray wrote:

> FWIW - analog is not really very accurate - if it's 'film' you're talking
> about, I'd say 'film'. In a way film is digital too, ever hear of 'grain'?

In a way. Only the very best photographers are able to make
backups of their film that are digitally identical. It's probably
because the gelatin introduces too much analogicity and requires
very precise, low temperature processing.

John Doe

ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:43:50 +0000, John Doe wrote:

>> Any leads to information (if there is any) about Panoramic brand
>> cameras would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you.

> FWIW - analog is not really very accurate -

It should be accurate enough for anyone to understand that it's not a
digital camera.

> if it's 'film' you're talking about, I'd say 'film'.

I'll be more careful.

Ever hear of brand "Panoramic" digital/film/analog/plastic/black/shiny
camera?

> In a way film is digital too,

You could argue that modern computers are analog since the most
fundamental component is a transistor, but only if you have absolutely
positively nothing else to do in the world.

> ever hear of 'grain'?

Yes, but nothing about that you don't already know.

Roy G

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1eDmi.38329$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:43:50 +0000, John Doe wrote:

>>> Any leads to information (if there is any) about Panoramic brand
>>> cameras would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thank you.

>> FWIW - analog is not really very accurate -

> It should be accurate enough for anyone to understand that it's not a
> digital camera.
>
>> if it's 'film' you're talking about, I'd say 'film'.

> I'll be more careful.
>
> Ever hear of brand "Panoramic" digital/film/analog/plastic/black/shiny
> camera?
>
>> In a way film is digital too,

> You could argue that modern computers are analog since the most
> fundamental component is a transistor, but only if you have absolutely
> positively nothing else to do in the world.
>
>> ever hear of 'grain'?

> Yes, but nothing about that you don't already know.

You have an ungracious way of responding, which along with the paucity of
information supplied, means that you are very unlikely to ever get the
answer you seek.

Roy G

..

Allen

John Doe wrote:
> ray <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:43:50 +0000, John Doe wrote:

>>> Any leads to information (if there is any) about Panoramic brand
>>> cameras would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thank you.

>> FWIW - analog is not really very accurate -

> It should be accurate enough for anyone to understand that it's not a
> digital camera.
>
>> if it's 'film' you're talking about, I'd say 'film'.

> I'll be more careful.
>
> Ever hear of brand "Panoramic" digital/film/analog/plastic/black/shiny
> camera?
>
>> In a way film is digital too,

> You could argue that modern computers are analog since the most
> fundamental component is a transistor, but only if you have absolutely
> positively nothing else to do in the world.
>
>> ever hear of 'grain'?

> Yes, but nothing about that you don't already know.

My troll detector is beginning to pick up a very strong smell. If you
are serious, do the following:

1. Tell us what size "analog" does it use--35mm, 120....?
2. Post the markings on the lens
3. Measure the device(length, width, thickness) and post the results
4. Most important--photograph it and post the photograph.

If you are not willing to do these things, you aren't going to get any
help, except for your sock-puppet alter egos.
Allen

John Doe

Allen <allen nothere.net> wrote:

> John Doe wrote:
>> ray <ray zianet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 23:43:50 +0000, John Doe wrote:

>>> In a way film is digital too,

>> You could argue that modern computers are analog since the most
>> fundamental component is a transistor, but only if you have
>> absolutely positively nothing else to do in the world.
>>
>>> ever hear of 'grain'?

>> Yes, but nothing about that you don't already know.
>>

> My troll detector is beginning to pick up a very strong smell.

I detect a troll looking for a justification to talk about his
imaginary kill file friend.

> If you are serious, do the following:
>
> 1. Tell us what size "analog" does it use--35mm, 120....?
> 2. Post the markings on the lens
> 3. Measure the device(length, width, thickness) and post the results
> 4. Most important--photograph it and post the photograph.

Sounds like the Wizard of Oz.

I would think that a brand name is enough when you are being asked
whether you have heard of that brand name.

When you don't know something, no answer is probably best.

> If you are not willing to do these things, you aren't going to get
> any help, except for your sock-puppet alter egos. Allen

I do not use sock puppets. What is your ignorance talking about?

By the way, elsewhere when you wrote:
"Now that you are in my killfile I will see posts from one less
idiot." That should be "one fewer idiot".