Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Vista

Vista

Mitch

In article <OBxmi.8007$(E-Mail Removed). net>, Mr.
Arnold < http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> I am running Vista. I have no problems running the O/S. And it's running
> >> like a camp.

> > So what are you saying?
> > That if you don't have any problems (or aren't really all that bothered
> > by the problems you do have), that no one else can have any?
> >
> > You are trying to defeat a comment about one person's experiences with
> > a sample size of 1?

> What's your problem?

I was asking you to explain what you meant by a post that didn't
actually finish. You gave a comment about your own experience and then
didn't say anything about it, relate it to the OP, or reach any
conclusion.

> I am only stating that I am not having any problems in running Vista. And
> running Vista for me is not the Chicken Little *the sky is falling*.
>
> The OP can post what he or she wants, and I am going to do the same, because
> it's a free world for the most part the last time I looked.

Blah, blah -- defensive crap.

> You can step into any of these NG(s) and see various issues with O/S(s),
> because after all, they are just programs written by fallible Human Beings.
> When we become perfect as Human Beings, then we can expect that anything we
> create will be perfect as well.

Oh, jeepers. Whiny and defensive and now unrelated and trite?

> But that's not the case with anything we do as Human Beings, the last time I
> looked.
>
> And I would say that there are a vast majorty of Vista users that are in the
> same boat I am in, as a matter of fact, I talked with some in the Vista NG
> today.

Well, now here is an actual statement related to it. Maybe this is what
you should have posted.
So the vast majority of users is represented by the people in that
group? (Nonsense!) Or is your sense of Vista being problem-free just
because you don't hear of many problems?
I hear about problem from Vista users vry frequently. Almost every time
someone brings it up, it's followed by a warning or recommendation
against it. I don't think that's doing pretty well at all.

> But on the other hand, if one doesn't know what he or she is doing, then
> they don't know, and it don't matter what they are using.

So this comment contributes to which statement? Or is it just saying
that the question can't be answered?

Blinky the Shark

PeeCee wrote:

> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Azvmi.7747$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> snip
>
>> it's running like a camp.

> Y'mean it's all bitchy and self centred?

So, like, this one time at band camp...

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Mr. Arnold

Look, you don't even make any sense. Therefore, you're just going to be
ignored. I don't have to answer to you about anything. I don't even know who
think you are. the Lone Ranger or something.

Mr. Arnold

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> PeeCee wrote:
>>
>> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Azvmi.7747$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>> snip
>>
>>> it's running like a camp.

>> Y'mean it's all bitchy and self centred?
>>

> So, like, this one time at band camp...

Let me correct it for you, THAT'S CHAMP! IT'S RUNNING LIKE A CHAMP!

I have never been in camp in my life. And when I was a kid with parents that
didn't have money for such luxuries, we played in the streets and at the
playground, like everyone else that did any money and we dreamed about camp.

How was camp? Was it fun?

<g>

Blinky the Shark

Mr. Arnold wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> PeeCee wrote:
>>>
>>> "Mr. Arnold" <MR. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:Azvmi.7747$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>>> snip

>>> Y'mean it's all bitchy and self centred?
>>>

>> So, like, this one time at band camp...
>>

> Let me correct it for you, THAT'S CHAMP! IT'S RUNNING LIKE A CHAMP!
>
> I have never been in camp in my life. And when I was a kid with parents that
> didn't have money for such luxuries, we played in the streets and at the
> playground, like everyone else that did any money and we dreamed about camp.

You had streets? We had to play on the dinosaur paths.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Gordon

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> You had streets? We had to play on the dinosaur paths.

<sigh> we used to live in't middle o' road in cardboard box......

Mr. Arnold

Oh, let me take that back. I was in camp for awhile, and it was all
expenses paid too that was forced upon me, courtesy of the Uncle Sam and the
US Army. And the thing about that, it was the last draft of the Vietnam era.

I was already working in the IT field too, when I was snatched. They would
have never gotten me, but in order to go to Control Data Institute, a
computer school during that era, I had to register for the draft in order to
enroll in the school. Otherwise, they would have never gotten me.

On top of that, I failed the first physical due to them saying I had to much
protein in my system, which I had eaten a lot of fish and chips with milk
the day before I had went down there.

So, I had a couple of days before I had to go back again for a second
physical, and in talking with people at work and friends about how I thought
I had failed the physical, I choked myself on fish and chips with milk. more
than I had eaten the first time.

This doctor who was not the one I had the first time tells me that my
protein count was high, but it was acceptable, and I was grade *A* material,
WTF.

The Vietnam war was winding down, so there was not a lot of heat on the
rooks/meat heads as we were called by the drill sergeants. It was more of a
relaxed environment and not as it was before that, when they had to get you
ready to go.

To be honest, it was nothing but a party during boot camp and the few months
after boot camp during my training assignment for Hawk Radar maintenance,
before I got out the Army on a hardship discharge. Everyone was either drunk
or high for the most part.

I stayed in touch with a couple guys while they were on mountain tops in the
middle of Germany at radar stations, complaining about how cold it was over
there.

In the meantime, I was back in Los Angeles, back at the same job I had when
I left, they had to give it back to me it was the law due to being drafted,
and I was kicking back in LA like before.

So, yeah that was my camp era.

Mellowed

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:150720071212386156%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <Azvmi.7747$(E-Mail Removed). net>, Mr.
> Arnold < (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "G.J.Reitsma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:469a839b$0$11350$(E-Mail Removed) net.nl...
>> > How sad am I to state the following:
>> > I've seen so much trouble with Vista that
>> > I strongly advice you all not to use this
>> > Operating System!
>> >
>> > It is a wicked software of a not so friendly company.

>> I am running Vista. I have no problems running the O/S. And it's running
>> like a camp.

> So what are you saying?
> That if you don't have any problems (or aren't really all that bothered
> by the problems you do have), that no one else can have any?
>
> You are trying to defeat a comment about one person's experiences with
> a sample size of 1?

Make that a sample size of at least 2.

Mr. Arnold

"Mellowed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:150720071212386156%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <Azvmi.7747$(E-Mail Removed). net>, Mr.
>> Arnold < (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> "G.J.Reitsma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:469a839b$0$11350$(E-Mail Removed) net.nl...

>>> I am running Vista. I have no problems running the O/S. And it's running
>>> like a camp.

>> So what are you saying?
>> That if you don't have any problems (or aren't really all that bothered
>> by the problems you do have), that no one else can have any?
>>
>> You are trying to defeat a comment about one person's experiences with
>> a sample size of 1?

> Make that a sample size of at least 2.

The info in the links alone makes it a good reason to hang with Vista. Vista
has some issue, but it's not something that there is not a solution or
workaround for it that I have seen to date. And the 3rd party software
vendors will catch-up to Vista, just like they did when Win 2K and XP were
released.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/network/WFP.mspx

Blinky the Shark

Mr. Arnold wrote:
> Oh, let me take that back. I was in camp for awhile, and it was all
> expenses paid too that was forced upon me, courtesy of the Uncle Sam and the
> US Army. And the thing about that, it was the last draft of the Vietnam era.

I'm guessing...uh...1971. Man, that was a long time ago.

> I was already working in the IT field too, when I was snatched. They would
> have never gotten me, but in order to go to Control Data Institute, a
> computer school during that era, I had to register for the draft in order to
> enroll in the school. Otherwise, they would have never gotten me.
>
> On top of that, I failed the first physical due to them saying I had to much
> protein in my system, which I had eaten a lot of fish and chips with milk
> the day before I had went down there.
>
> So, I had a couple of days before I had to go back again for a second
> physical, and in talking with people at work and friends about how I thought
> I had failed the physical, I choked myself on fish and chips with milk. more
> than I had eaten the first time.
>
> This doctor who was not the one I had the first time tells me that my
> protein count was high, but it was acceptable, and I was grade *A* material,
> WTF.

I wonder why the protein count was an issue anyway. Did they ever tell you?