Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Missing Downloads

Missing Downloads

Chad S

I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
files go to?

Any ideas?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Chad S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
>downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
>tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
>files go to?

Unhide all your files first (assuming they aren't)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...l62.html#winxp
Follow the advice and then look for em.
--
Drop in, fly away.
http://fukung.net/v/1749/iuoqyeiuqweiyuq.jpg

Evan Platt

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:10:26 GMT, "Chad S" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
>downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
>tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
>files go to?
>
>Any ideas?

Hmm.. Yes. Try a different file sharing program.

Chad S

I've tried that and nothing comes up, I'm guessing it must have deleted
itself But the other files seem to play but have no idea where they all
are either!

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Chad S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
>>downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
>>tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
>>files go to?

> Unhide all your files first (assuming they aren't)
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...l62.html#winxp
> Follow the advice and then look for em.
> --
> Drop in, fly away.
> http://fukung.net/v/1749/iuoqyeiuqweiyuq.jpg

Chad S

Any specific one that you can recommend?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:10:26 GMT, "Chad S" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
>>downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
>>tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
>>files go to?
>>
>>Any ideas?

> Hmm.. Yes. Try a different file sharing program.

Evan Platt

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:43:23 GMT, "Chad S" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Any specific one that you can recommend?

Kind of hard to recommend one without knowing what one you use now
that obviously doesn't work, but I've used Shareaza, works good.

ded

"Chad S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6ysmi.26705$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
>downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
>tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
>files go to?
>
> Any ideas?

A pattern seems to be emerging in recent times where innocent
posters will briefly detail the problem but keep secret the software?

Your secret file sharing software may have a settings option
This maybe accessible via the programs folder, and/or if it loads
an icon in the system tray, by RIGHT clicking the icon you may
find an option "Configure" or similar, whatever.....
it is the settings that have set a default folder for your downloads.
But the rest would be guesswork as you've kept the software a
secret and you ain't telling......

cattanack@yahoo.com

Chad S wrote:
> I've tried that and nothing comes up, I'm guessing it must have deleted
> itself But the other files seem to play but have no idea where they all
> are either!

You need to dig into the settings and see where the files are to be
saved. Maybe you have a different drive like C:, D:, ect.

Plato

Chad S wrote:

> I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
> downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
> tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
> files go to?

That's no-no.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Gary

Chad S wrote:

> I usually use a file sharing program that does not show up any of my
> downloads, The file also seems to be missing and if I put into the search
> tool the file's name it comes up with nothing. I've no idea where these
> files go to?
>
> Any ideas?

Perhaps in some 'unfinished' or temp-file?
I have had a program which did the completed file
in download in my documents (in Windows; I now
use a better OS: PCLinuxOS. Superior to Windows).
Good luck!