Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Gmail Account

Gmail Account

Joe Maldon

Hi,

I remember reading somewhere that users of google mail in the UK can
still obtain a @gmail.com address instead of @googlemail.com but can't
remember where.

Can anyone advise on how to do this please?

Many thanks

Benjamin Sattler

Hi!

You simply have to view the page using a proxy. That will change
the IP address the website sees and therefore make it possible to
get a real gmail address.

I recommend using http://vtunnel.com. Enter the URL in the Box and
there you are.

bye

Joe Maldon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I remember reading somewhere that users of google mail in the UK
> can still obtain a @gmail.com address instead of @googlemail.com
> but can't remember where.
>
> Can anyone advise on how to do this please?
>
> Many thanks

Mike Easter

Joe Maldon wrote:
> I remember reading somewhere that users of google mail in the UK can
> still obtain a @gmail.com address instead of @googlemail.com but can't
> remember where.

There is a tiny sketchy mention of it in the wiki gmail article - which
first par notes that gmail is googlemail in .de .at & .uk and the par/s
on .de & .uk in the trademark dispute section mentions proxies.

If you are going to hack something, you should hack it all by yourself,
not ask for a public discussion of it.

--
Mike Easter

Joe Maldon

On 15 Jul, 17:55, "Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Joe Maldon wrote:
> > I remember reading somewhere that users of google mail in the UK can
> > still obtain a @gmail.com address instead of @googlemail.com but can't
> > remember where.

> There is a tiny sketchy mention of it in the wiki gmail article - which
> first par notes that gmail is googlemail in .de .at & .uk and the par/s
> on .de & .uk in the trademark dispute section mentions proxies.
>
> If you are going to hack something, you should hack it all by yourself,
> not ask for a public discussion of it.
>
> --
> Mike Easter

Yes good point Mike. Sorry.