Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Is it just me or just Microsoft?

Is it just me or just Microsoft?

Erik de Castro Lopo

GeekBoy wrote:

> Then get the newest one. Visual Studio 2005, most compliant and stable
> yet.

Yes, that compiler is AFAIK ISO C 1990 compliant, but is not ISO C99
compliant, even 8 years after the standard was ratified.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is
to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies
and the other is to make it so complicated that there are no
obvious deficiencies." -- C A R Hoare

Richard Heathfield

GeekBoy said:
> "Ark Khasin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
>> GeekBoy wrote:
>>> "Ark Khasin" <(E-Mail Removed)>...

>>> Yeah, buy a compiler that is ANSI/ISO compliant
>>>

>> Easier said than done. Many people are bound to MS tools. I guess I
>> was asking for help with a workaround within MS if known.

> Then get the newest one. Visual Studio 2005, most compliant and stable
> yet.

Easier said than done. Not everyone gets to choose their tool chain.
Sometimes those decisions are made by other people - e.g. bosses - and
the choices they make are not always for purely technical reasons.

Email: -www. +rjh@

kwikius

On 16 Jul, 06:59, Richard Heathfield <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> GeekBoy said:

> >> Easier said than done. Many people are bound to MS tools. I guess I
> >> was asking for help with a workaround within MS if known.

> > Then get the newest one. Visual Studio 2005, most compliant and stable
> > yet.

> Easier said than done. Not everyone gets to choose their tool chain.
> Sometimes those decisions are made by other people - e.g. bosses - and
> the choices they make are not always for purely technical reasons.

Oh lifes so tough, lifes so bad, and theres nothing I can do but moan,
moan, moan...

regards
Andy Little

Bo Persson

Richard Heathfield wrote:
:: GeekBoy said:
::: "Ark Khasin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
:::: GeekBoy wrote:
::::: "Ark Khasin" <(E-Mail Removed)>...
::::::
:::::: Any suggestions?
:::::
::::: Yeah, buy a compiler that is ANSI/ISO compliant
:::::
:::: Easier said than done. Many people are bound to MS tools. I
:::: guess I was asking for help with a workaround within MS if known.
:::
::: Then get the newest one. Visual Studio 2005, most compliant and
::: stable yet.
::
:: Easier said than done. Not everyone gets to choose their tool
:: chain. Sometimes those decisions are made by other people - e.g.
:: bosses - and the choices they make are not always for purely
:: technical reasons.
::

Another option is to get a newer, more compliant, and stable boss.

Bo Persson

Lionel B

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:44:45 +0200, Bo Persson wrote:

> Richard Heathfield wrote:
> :: GeekBoy said:
> ::: "Ark Khasin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote... :::: GeekBoy
> wrote:
> ::::: "Ark Khasin" <(E-Mail Removed)>... ::::::
> :::::: Any suggestions?
> :::::
> ::::: Yeah, buy a compiler that is ANSI/ISO compliant :::::
> :::: Easier said than done. Many people are bound to MS tools. I ::::
> guess I was asking for help with a workaround within MS if known. :::
> ::: Then get the newest one. Visual Studio 2005, most compliant and :::
> stable yet.
> ::
> :: Easier said than done. Not everyone gets to choose their tool ::
> chain. Sometimes those decisions are made by other people - e.g. ::
> bosses - and the choices they make are not always for purely ::
> technical reasons.
> ::
> Another option is to get a newer, more compliant, and stable boss.

Know what you mean... mine is still in beta and rather buggy.

--
Lionel B