Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Intel Pro and Windows

Intel Pro and Windows

Alan Davies

I've a Dell laptop running winxp pro
It is the same config as another machine
both have Intl Pro as the device manger for wireless
one can connect to the wireless network, the other cannot.
the one that cannot connect will not identify wireless networks after
running WZC and it does not have a tab in the properties to allow me to
select windows as the control for wireless
I've reinstalled winxp to try and repair anything
I've updated my Intel driver
I've run WZC unsuccessfully

Any ideas as to how to fix this mess

TIA

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I am not sure what you mean in the statement: "both have Intl Pro as the
device manger for wireless".
If you want to use WZC you have to make sure that the Intel Utility is not
starting up and not running in the background.
Make sure that WZC service is On and configured to Auto Start,
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
If you need to check the whole Wireless configuration this might help,
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:lGbmi.19601$(E-Mail Removed)...