Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > disadvantages of having CSS code in HTML?

disadvantages of having CSS code in HTML?

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Woody W"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:Ts%li.21531$(E-Mail Removed) k:

> What are the disadvantages of having CSS code in HTML?
>
> I know it is more easier to update CSS in one place.
>
> Just wondering if having CSS code in the HTML would make a difference
> to a search engine?
>
> Cheers,

As others have mentioned, white text on white background.

When I develop a site, I keep 99% of my style in an external sheet. The
exception would be something like <li style="border:0"> . I think the
more weight is added to a page by inline style, the longer it takes for
the robot to get around, and that _might_ negatively impact SERPs.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

m1k3p m1k3p is offline
Junior Member

One advantage of abstracting your CSS is that having the file linked in the header means that the browser cache's it for re-use, and doesn't reload it on every page refresh. This keeps your page size to a minimum, and speeds up the ongoing load time of your site.

Cheers! MIKEP!