Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > how can I wirelessly network my computers using dialup

how can I wirelessly network my computers using dialup

bruphy

Hello,

I would like to network my two computers wirelessly but do not have
broadband. I can only get dialup where I live. What equipment would I need
to do that? I would like to share the dialup, printer, and files.

mikeFNB

there was a thread this week on that

mike

"bruphy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I would like to network my two computers wirelessly but do not have
> broadband. I can only get dialup where I live. What equipment would I

need
> to do that? I would like to share the dialup, printer, and files.

bruphy

Mike,

I cannot see any thread to do with networking with a dialup connection. All
I see about equipment involves cable/dsl modems. Is it possible to put a
card in each computer and use a LAN while having a dialup internet
connection? Even the article about creating an ad hoc network mentions a
broadband connection.

Jack

Hi

There is a more elaborate answer that I wrote few days ago (can't find it
too).

Basically you can see the options here: http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html

To go Wireless you have to use option3 with Wireless Router or Wired Router
with Access Point.

Jack (MVP-Networking).