Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > My work situation

My work situation

justdoit

I'm a student and I'm on IT track. But for the moment I
have to take a clerical job to make a living.

I just started on this new clerical job in a family business
who has about 50 employees. My salary is paid monthly.
Roughly $100 per day. I was told I have one hour lunch, 15
minutes breaks in the morning and afternoon. and eight hours
a day. However, I have to finish all my work.

The work for my job turns out to be enormous. I have to
cut my lunch to 30 minutes, no breaks at all, and frequently
stay one hour late to get the work done. My co-workers who
have the same position are doing the same. But they seems
all fine with it. I never questioned them though since I'm
new. But I realize that we all might be needing the job and
the small salary that we don't want to say anything.

This is my first clerical job. I didn't know it's like
this. I'm fine with the somewhat low pay, but I don't like
it that I have to cut my lunch hour and taking no breaks and
staying late and being busy all day. Is this real with most
of clerical jobs? My previous jobs are not like this. But
they were not clerical and I worked for some larger
companies. I need someone to tell me about it.

kpg

And 1.3 billion Chinese don't give a damn.

Stop crying you little baby and get back to work.

Zed

Do you have any of this in writting? If not, why not? You can either
negotiate a better deal for yourself, or threaten to sue over breach of
contract... If you start taking **** from people and don't have any self
respect... well bend over and get out the lube. Most people have to fight in
life, what's your excuse?

"justdoit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm a student and I'm on IT track. But for the moment I
> have to take a clerical job to make a living.
>
> I just started on this new clerical job in a family business
> who has about 50 employees. My salary is paid monthly.
> Roughly $100 per day. I was told I have one hour lunch, 15
> minutes breaks in the morning and afternoon. and eight hours
> a day. However, I have to finish all my work.
>
> The work for my job turns out to be enormous. I have to
> cut my lunch to 30 minutes, no breaks at all, and frequently
> stay one hour late to get the work done. My co-workers who
> have the same position are doing the same. But they seems
> all fine with it. I never questioned them though since I'm
> new. But I realize that we all might be needing the job and
> the small salary that we don't want to say anything.
>
> This is my first clerical job. I didn't know it's like
> this. I'm fine with the somewhat low pay, but I don't like
> it that I have to cut my lunch hour and taking no breaks and
> staying late and being busy all day. Is this real with most
> of clerical jobs? My previous jobs are not like this. But
> they were not clerical and I worked for some larger
> companies. I need someone to tell me about it.

T-Bone

"justdoit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> I have to
> cut my lunch to 30 minutes, no breaks at all, and frequently
> stay one hour late to get the work done.

Consider it prep for working in IT.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

fygar

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:24:50 GMT, justdoit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm a student and I'm on IT track. But for the moment I
>have to take a clerical job to make a living.
>
>I just started on this new clerical job in a family business
>who has about 50 employees. My salary is paid monthly.
>Roughly $100 per day. I was told I have one hour lunch, 15
>minutes breaks in the morning and afternoon. and eight hours
>a day. However, I have to finish all my work.
>
>The work for my job turns out to be enormous. I have to
>cut my lunch to 30 minutes, no breaks at all, and frequently
>stay one hour late to get the work done. My co-workers who
>have the same position are doing the same. But they seems
>all fine with it. I never questioned them though since I'm
>new. But I realize that we all might be needing the job and
>the small salary that we don't want to say anything.
>
>This is my first clerical job. I didn't know it's like
>this. I'm fine with the somewhat low pay, but I don't like
>it that I have to cut my lunch hour and taking no breaks and
>staying late and being busy all day. Is this real with most
>of clerical jobs? My previous jobs are not like this. But
>they were not clerical and I worked for some larger
>companies. I need someone to tell me about it.

Welcome to the real world. Learn to be more efficient.

....butch(now get back to work)

Grog in Ohio

"justdoit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm a student and I'm on IT track. But for the moment I
> have to take a clerical job to make a living.
>
> I just started on this new clerical job in a family business
> who has about 50 employees. My salary is paid monthly.
> Roughly $100 per day. I was told I have one hour lunch, 15
> minutes breaks in the morning and afternoon. and eight hours
> a day. However, I have to finish all my work.

$100/8 hours = $12.50/hour or even $100/10 hours = $10.00/hour.... ask any
slub working at a fast food joint or bagging groceries if he'd like to trade
jobs with you.

Stay in school, get some credentials and qualifications THEN get a job that
pays you what you're worth.

Grog

James

yeah, get an IT degree, then you can make the big bucks!!
like $13/hr if your lucky!!

"Grog in Ohio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23$6$am$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "justdoit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm a student and I'm on IT track. But for the moment I
>> have to take a clerical job to make a living.
>>
>> I just started on this new clerical job in a family business
>> who has about 50 employees. My salary is paid monthly.
>> Roughly $100 per day. I was told I have one hour lunch, 15
>> minutes breaks in the morning and afternoon. and eight hours
>> a day. However, I have to finish all my work.

> $100/8 hours = $12.50/hour or even $100/10 hours = $10.00/hour.... ask any
> slub working at a fast food joint or bagging groceries if he'd like to
> trade jobs with you.
>
> Stay in school, get some credentials and qualifications THEN get a job
> that pays you what you're worth.
>
> Grog

Kline Sphere

>yeah, get an IT degree, then you can make the big bucks!!

or better still become a lawyer!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>Is this real with most
>of clerical jobs? My previous jobs are not like this. But
>they were not clerical and I worked for some larger
>companies. I need someone to tell me about it.

Why not become a courier for some columbian drug lord?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

LnkWizard

"Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Is this real with most
> >of clerical jobs? My previous jobs are not like this. But
> >they were not clerical and I worked for some larger
> >companies. I need someone to tell me about it.

> Why not become a courier for some columbian drug lord?

Not a bad job unless they decide to fire you, or you make a big mistake.

Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

http://www.mcngp.com