Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Upgrading 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE Security

Upgrading 2000 MCSE to 2003 MCSE Security

Ben

Hi,

I've just passed my 6th exam for my MCSE 2000 certification. And am looking
at which design exam to take for my 7th and final exam. I eventually want to
gain certification in 2000 & 2003 security (after taking 70-227 and
upgrading), so I have the choice of either 70-220 which will also count
towards 2000 security, or 70-298 for 2003 security.
Which do people think is more useful? Should I now be looking at just going
for 2003 security, bearing in mind that 2000 end of life is only a few years
away? Or should I try and gain both? I'm guessing that the exams are very
similar in content anyway.
Its a shame that you can't upgrade from 2000 security to 2003 security just
by taking the 2 standard upgrade exams, plus maybe 299. Doing the whole lot
means taking 6 more exams.
Also does anyone know if there will be an exam for ISA 2004? And if so would
it count towards 2000 or 2003 security?

Cheers

Ben

Neil

did you hear "Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:
#(E-Mail Removed):

> Which do people think is more useful?

Which one will benefit your employer/prospective employer? Which interests
you the most? Would you rather work with the new toys, or play with the
older ones? Choices...

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Confucius say: Many man smoke, but Fu Manchu

Ben

When you put it like that it does make the choice pretty clear.
Its just a pain that I brought a load of the study guide books for 2000
security back when I started my MCSE path. Now I'll probably never read them
in place of buying new ones for 2003.

news:Xns967D6C0B9E236neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> did you hear "Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:
> #(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Which do people think is more useful?

> Which one will benefit your employer/prospective employer? Which interests
> you the most? Would you rather work with the new toys, or play with the
> older ones? Choices...
>
> --
> Neil MCNGP#30
>
> - Confucius say: Many man smoke, but Fu Manchu

=?Utf-8?B?SiBBIFNhdW5kZXJz?=

ISA 2004 exam has just finished beta and from what I've read the new exam
will be 70-350, but no release date as yet.
--
Regards
James Saunders

"Ben" wrote:

> When you put it like that it does make the choice pretty clear.
> Its just a pain that I brought a load of the study guide books for 2000
> security back when I started my MCSE path. Now I'll probably never read them
> in place of buying new ones for 2003.

> news:Xns967D6C0B9E236neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6...
> > did you hear "Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:
> > #(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> >> Which do people think is more useful?

> > Which one will benefit your employer/prospective employer? Which interests
> > you the most? Would you rather work with the new toys, or play with the
> > older ones? Choices...
> >
> > --
> > Neil MCNGP#30
> >
> > - Confucius say: Many man smoke, but Fu Manchu

Neil

did you hear "Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:
#(E-Mail Removed):

> Now I'll probably never read them
> in place of buying new ones for 2003.

always the case. that dang SQL 6.5 book hasn't had much use for just about
5 years. Can't bring myself to toss it though.

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- I tried an internal modem, but it hurt when I walked.