Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > SPA3102 dial plans and routing of 18185 etc?

Reply
Thread Tools

SPA3102 dial plans and routing of 18185 etc?

 
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2007
As some of you may know, with help I managed to setup my new Linksys
SPA3102 to use Voip.Co.UK, but discovered it only had one separate
phone line (I need to separate billing on voip accounts) and I thought
it might be handy for our situation (shared house) if we were able to
have different voip providers at the same time, now or in the future.
So I had decided to back the 3102 and replace it with a PAP2T which
has 2 ports. HOWEVER someone mentioned that it's possible to route all
my calls (not the sharers) through the 3102, for example

1: 01 & 02 calls through voip.co.uk
2: mobiles & non geo through 18185
3: still use BT were necessary, such as 0844 etc all from the one
phone, a bit like the orchid dialer I am using at the moment on my BT
line?

Via dial plans I presume. Is this also possible on a PAP2T?


Dial plans: Seem awfully complicated, so as an example, how would one
go about setting one up on a 3102?




TIA.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian A
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2007
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 06:57:04 GMT, Brian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>As some of you may know, with help I managed to setup my new Linksys
>SPA3102 to use Voip.Co.UK, but discovered it only had one separate
>phone line (I need to separate billing on voip accounts) and I thought
>it might be handy for our situation (shared house) if we were able to
>have different voip providers at the same time, now or in the future.
>So I had decided to back the 3102 and replace it with a PAP2T which
>has 2 ports. HOWEVER someone mentioned that it's possible to route all
>my calls (not the sharers) through the 3102, for example
>
>1: 01 & 02 calls through voip.co.uk
>2: mobiles & non geo through 18185
>3: still use BT were necessary, such as 0844 etc all from the one
>phone, a bit like the orchid dialer I am using at the moment on my BT
>line?
>
>Via dial plans I presume. Is this also possible on a PAP2T?

No. The PAP2 has 2 independent lines but the SPA-3102 has one line (in
and out) + 4 gateways. That way you can have 5 outgoing accounts -
they do not need to be with different providers.
The SPA-3102 is worth having even if you don't have a landline to plug
in to it because of its versatility.
An alternative, lest you wanted even more outgoing providers, would be
to use voxalot. That route would also enable a PAP2 to work with
multiple providers
check out
www.voxalot.com
>
>
>Dial plans: Seem awfully complicated, so as an example, how would one
>go about setting one up on a 3102?

Can I suggest that you do a Google groups on this one. You'll find
plenty of postings for the SPA dial plans.

Setting up ATAs does have a learning curve but by spending a little
time understanding dial plans you'll be able to develop them to do
what you want.
For example. If you have a user who wants to use gateway 1 you could
have them use a PIN to access. Something like
<#594,:>xx.<:@gw1>
If the caller dials #594 they will get a second dial tone and then
they can dial out.
For practical reasons you'd modify that to make dialling numbers more
easily. What I have shown is just a basic example of what is possible.


---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Sign the petition to get High Definition TV via Freeview.
Get your friends to sign too!
Ofcom want to auction off the spectrum needed for Hi Def.
TV.
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/High-Definition/
---
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Graham
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2007

"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As some of you may know, with help I managed to setup my new Linksys
> SPA3102 to use Voip.Co.UK, but discovered it only had one separate
> phone line (I need to separate billing on voip accounts) and I thought
> it might be handy for our situation (shared house) if we were able to
> have different voip providers at the same time, now or in the future.
> So I had decided to back the 3102 and replace it with a PAP2T which
> has 2 ports. HOWEVER someone mentioned that it's possible to route all
> my calls (not the sharers) through the 3102, for example
>
> 1: 01 & 02 calls through voip.co.uk
> 2: mobiles & non geo through 18185
> 3: still use BT were necessary, such as 0844 etc all from the one
> phone, a bit like the orchid dialer I am using at the moment on my BT
> line?
>
> Via dial plans I presume. Is this also possible on a PAP2T?
>
>
> Dial plans: Seem awfully complicated, so as an example, how would one
> go about setting one up on a 3102?
>


As Brian A has suggested, use voxalot.

I use voxalot to consolidate my voip accounts.
The two lines of my PAP2 log into a separate voxalot accounts
and several providers are in each account.
It is much easier to set the dialplan in voxalot than the ATA
eg.
0800 go via Sipgate
01/02 and uk mobiles via voipcheap.com
7 digit numbers that begin 2-9 are assumed to be Manchester
numbers and get 0044161 prefixed automatically
national numbers likewise lose the "0" and get 0044 prefixed
123 gets Pat Simmons (thanks Ivor)
And a nice touch I added, was dialling 10 from either handset
will ring the other on its voxalot number, so it works like a PABX.

One thing you might have missed, is that the PAP2 has no FXO
port for the PSTN

I find incomming calls problematic via Voxalot.
Not much success with Sipgate, Orbtalk and an old voipcheap.co.uk
number. Can anyone help me with this?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2007
On 13-07-2007, Graham <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I find incomming calls problematic via Voxalot.
> Not much success with Sipgate, Orbtalk and an old voipcheap.co.uk
> number. Can anyone help me with this?


Sipgate started blocking incoming calls to Voxalot a while ago, so you
will have no luck there unless they relent. I thought the Betamax
products worked. Mine (not Voipcheap) does. I don't know about Orbtalk
but would have expected it to work. There is quite a bit of discussion
about these providers on the Voxalot forums.

Come 16 July there are changes at Voxalot which affect incoming calls.
In essence there will be a charge for some elements of the service.

--
Brian
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tim
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-13-2007
Brian wrote:
> 3: still use BT were necessary, such as 0844 etc all from the one
> phone, a bit like the orchid dialer I am using at the moment on my BT
> line?
>
> Via dial plans I presume. Is this also possible on a PAP2T?


The BT bit isn't because a PAP2T does not have an FXO connection (the
connection you can connect to the BT socket on the wall)

Tim
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-15-2007
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:37:38 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 06:57:04 GMT, Brian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>As some of you may know, with help I managed to setup my new Linksys
>>SPA3102 to use Voip.Co.UK, but discovered it only had one separate
>>phone line (I need to separate billing on voip accounts) and I thought
>>it might be handy for our situation (shared house) if we were able to
>>have different voip providers at the same time, now or in the future.
>>So I had decided to back the 3102 and replace it with a PAP2T which
>>has 2 ports. HOWEVER someone mentioned that it's possible to route all
>>my calls (not the sharers) through the 3102, for example
>>
>>1: 01 & 02 calls through voip.co.uk
>>2: mobiles & non geo through 18185
>>3: still use BT were necessary, such as 0844 etc all from the one
>>phone, a bit like the orchid dialer I am using at the moment on my BT
>>line?
>>
>>Via dial plans I presume. Is this also possible on a PAP2T?


>No. The PAP2 has 2 independent lines but the SPA-3102 has one line (in
>and out) + 4 gateways. That way you can have 5 outgoing accounts -


Gateway?what's that and how does one set those up, the manual makes no
mention of gateways.

>they do not need to be with different providers.


But they could be?

>The SPA-3102 is worth having even if you don't have a landline to plug
>in to it because of its versatility.
>An alternative, lest you wanted even more outgoing providers, would be
>to use voxalot. That route would also enable a PAP2 to work with
>multiple providers
>check out
>www.voxalot.com


Don't really want to get involved in complicated setup routines. I
just want one or two separate providers, and the ability to change
easily as prices change.

>>Dial plans: Seem awfully complicated, so as an example, how would one
>>go about setting one up on a 3102?


>Can I suggest that you do a Google groups on this one. You'll find
>plenty of postings for the SPA dial plans.
>
>Setting up ATAs does have a learning curve but by spending a little
>time understanding dial plans you'll be able to develop them to do
>what you want.
>For example. If you have a user who wants to use gateway 1 you could
>have them use a PIN to access. Something like
><#594,:>xx.<:@gw1>
>If the caller dials #594 they will get a second dial tone and then
>they can dial out.
>For practical reasons you'd modify that to make dialling numbers more
>easily. What I have shown is just a basic example of what is possible.
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Test plans and "refined test plans" DZantow Python 0 12-20-2011 06:24 PM
Re: SPA3102: can't dial out through PSTN from phone memory Brian A UK VOIP 1 04-28-2008 09:46 AM
Help with SPA3102, gateways, and dial plans, pls Jose UK VOIP 18 03-28-2008 08:10 PM
How to Pause or Wait during dial in a Dial Plan for SPA3102 Mike Sun UK VOIP 4 12-07-2007 01:39 PM
How to Get "Actual" PSTN Dial Tone on SPA3102? Mike Sun UK VOIP 8 12-04-2007 07:15 PM



Advertisments