Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > strptime() workaround for windows

strptime() workaround for windows

justin

strptime() is not supported by windows, only by unix systems. Does
anyone know something that I can use in place of this function for
windows?

thanks!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

On 2007-07-12 17:58, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> strptime() is not supported by windows, only by unix systems. Does
> anyone know something that I can use in place of this function for
> windows?

Not sure of the exact differences but strftime seems to be close, and a
bit safer too.

--
Erik Wikström

Robert Bauck Hamar

Erik Wikström wrote:

> On 2007-07-12 17:58, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> strptime() is not supported by windows, only by unix systems. Does
>> anyone know something that I can use in place of this function for
>> windows?

> Not sure of the exact differences but strftime seems to be close, and a
> bit safer too.

strptime is the inverse of strftime. I suggest you ask in a group for
windows programming, or search for a usable implementation (glibc has one,
I believe). There are lots of POSIX libraries for Windows, I believe
Microsoft also has one.

--
rbh

Old Wolf

On Jul 13, 8:43 am, Erik Wikström <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2007-07-12 17:58, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > strptime() is not supported by windows, only by unix systems. Does
> > anyone know something that I can use in place of this function for
> > windows?

JFGI

> Not sure of the exact differences but strftime seems to be close,
> and a bit safer too.

strptime converts a text representation back
into a time_t .