Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Firewall

Windows Firewall

dputtick@gmail.com

My Windows Firewall shuts down after every session. I have to
remember toswitch it back on again every time after booting up.
Any suggestions?

Mr. Arnold

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My Windows Firewall shuts down after every session. I have to
> remember toswitch it back on again every time after booting up.
> Any suggestions?

Have you tired to reset the FW? You can use Goole and find out *How to reset
the Windows Firewall*.

ded

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My Windows Firewall shuts down after every session. I have to
> remember toswitch it back on again every time after booting up.
> Any suggestions?

Windows firewall is very basic and only prevents external inward
attempts, it has no impact over what leaves your PC.
If you're are sticking with it:
Start>Settings>Control Panel>Windows Firewall
Under General tab click to enable, click OK, close that dialog.
Then...

RIGHT click "My Computer"
From sub menu select "Manage"
The Computer Management dialog will open
Navigate in the left pane: Services and Applications>Services
In right pane you will see at bottom two tabs, Scroll and click
on the "Standard" tab.
Now in the right pane you will see a list, scroll, locate and
click to highlight on "Windows Firewall"
Now above you will see a series of buttons, under "Start up"
it will indicate that Win Firewall is a manual start up
Click once on the "Start up" button and it will change from
"Manual" to "Automatic".
Close those windows.
Win Firewall will now automatically start with every boot.